Worried but optomistic

Good luck for tomorrow girls!

Dot
x

Hi all,

Turns out its firbrous tissue and just need to keep an eye on the size and position of it, they said should it change i should go back and see the doc but they are happy that its nothing serious and i was right to have it checked out as it could have been something more sinister.

I cried with relief when they told me, as i was so scared.

Freddiecider, please post and let me know how you got on, i hope your news was just as good as mine x

Thank you all for your kind words and listening ear, i will pop back now and again and hope that you all stay well and keep your chins up in the face of adversity

Best Wishes

Soph x

Hi

I’m so pleased for you- what a relief!!

I think I’ve got good news too, but I’m still a bit confused and no one is really sure what it is.

I was seen by a doctor who examined it and thought it was most likely a cyst (my heart lifted)although it was much bumpier and grittier than a typical one. She then did an ultrasound on it to see if it looked like one on the screen. At this point when she saw this she changed her mind and said it did not present itself as a cyst at all( my heart sank), although she could see some very small ones.She then called in the consultant who had another thorough prod and feel. He wasn’t sure what it was but didn’t think it could be cancer as it would show as a big black mass on the ultrasound and apparantly my lump wasn’t showing this. He then said for me to go away and let it settle and come back in 6 weeks for a fine needle aspiration to explore it further. At this point I protested and said I couldn’t bear to wait that long so he did the fine needle thing saying really it was to put my mind at rest. I then waited around and for the results. Thankfully they came back and no cancerous cells were found-HURRAH! They still want me to go back in 6 weeks time to see what has happened.The doctor thinks the area may be a clump of cysts which is creating the bumpy effect.

So all in all good news I think. The only thing is that now the area is really painful, has swollen and is very tender to touch. It didn’t even hurt before!! So might end up back at the doc’s tomorrow after all.

Anyone got any ideas???

So glad all good for you,

Freddie x

SO I think it is good news I guess. However

brilliant - the prodding and poking and fna etc will have made it sore and tender…try wearing a bra to bed for a while etc…it does take a few weeks at least for boob to feel anything like normal…mary x