worried but trying not to be.

Hi guys. I went to the breast clinic in July but the consultant said he couldn’t feel any lumps. He only examined me lying down even though I told him I could only feel the lump when upright. He said there’s nothing to worry about. I went back to my gp as I wasn’t happy and he felt the lump and has referred me back. I’m due to go in September. Since then I can feel the lump lying down and my armpit feels swollen from the inside(if that makes sense). I’ve now also since yesterday developed a pain in my neck that runs from my collar bone to my ear on the same side as the breast with the lump. Has anyone else experienced this? I’m telling myself it’s all nothing but it’s in the back of my mind niggling away. I’m 31. Xx

Hi ChelleB and welcome to the BCC forums

I am sorry to read you have this worry, our helpliners are on hand with support for you on 0808 800 6000 and lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2 so please feel free to call to talk things through

Here’s also the link to the BCC ‘Worried about breast cancer’ area of the site which you may find helpful:

breastcancercare.org.uk/worried

Take care
Lucy BCC

I’ve been getting ear to neck pain too. How has everything panned out so far?

Hi, go,back to GP if your worried about anything xx
It will help,put your mind at ease. I waiting for my initial,tests but can sometimes have ear ache too. X