Worried

I am little concerned as I had a mamogram last week and have had a letter today in the post asking me to go back for a scan? this is exactly what happened 2 years ago and found out I had breast cancer - I am worried it has returned, otherwise why have they asked me to go back…

Hi Mushroom,

You must be worried sick and I do think it is wrong that you are just told to go for a scan without any explanation. There is nothing more worrying than not knowing.

You don’t say how old you are but if you are youngish and have very dense breast tissue it is normal to have an ultrasound scan which gives a better picture. In your case they will take extra care as you have had problems before. Obviously I don’t know why they are sending for you but the above reason is possible.

If I were you I would phone one of the breast care nurses at the hospital and ask them if they can find out what is happening. At least you will feel that you are doing something instead of just worrying.

Hope all is well,

E

Hi

Try not to worry, I know believe me, it’s easier said than done. I have had a mammogram today and have to go back to the hospital on Monday for an ultrasound scan. I’m told this is because I have dense breast tissue and is perfectly normal. I will also be given my mammogram results at the same time. I hope this has put your mind at rest and best of luck.

Holly. xx

Hi

Thanks for post and let me know how you get on. Holly xx