Worried

Hello

About 6 weeks ago I noticed a tiny lump in bottom of armpit towards Right breast - anyway I put it too the back of mind but this last couple of weeks been getting a lot of pain in that area and the lump has grown- I finally went to the Drs on Monday who checked me out and I was nearly crying with the pain - she has referred me to the breast clinic and I have a appointment a week on friday. Im trying not to worry about it but the pain is really bad today and am wondering what it could be - anyone else had this?

Hi there

I have had breast cancer twice, once on each side with 14 years apart and not once until I had surgery did they cause me any pain , in fact if pain was the marker I would never have known so try not to worry too much - easier said than done eh? most lumps turn out to be other things other than bc so yo have a 90% chance of good news that’s pretty high eh?

You will get many on here that have a similar story that will help and/or reassure you.

You did the right thing going to doc and getting the wheels in motion to get to the bottom of it, in the meantime everyone here will welcome, encourage and support you along the way so keep us posted.

lots of love
Jeanette xxxxx
edited for bad spelling …again !

Hi Lovelylass,

I am really replying to this to send it back to the top so that someone who has had your problem may see it.

I don’t want to get your hopes up too high in case you get let down again, but, it is quite unusual for breast cancer to be so painful at such an early stage, if in fact it is an early stage which I have no way of knowing.

Did your GP not offer antibiotics in case you have an abscess?

At least you do not have long to wait for your appointment.

In the meantime it may help if you phone the helpline on here. Number above. The staff are really caring and helpful.

E

Hi there lovelylass

Firstly, welcome to the forums, I’m sure you’ll find them a great source of support and information.

I understand that this is such a worrying time for you, so if you feel it might help to talk, our Helpline staff are great listeners and can signpost you to other information and support if necessary.

Do give them a ring if you can, they’re open Weekdays 9-5 and Saturday 9-2. The number is 0808 800 6000.

Best wishes.

Louise
Facilitator

Thanks for all the comments, I am trying not too worry too much but its hard.

Its the pain Im finding trouble coping with at the minute - its in my breast, shoulder and armpit and if I touch the lump its really sore.

I know my appointment isnt too far away but feels like ages for me

Hi again,

Did you phone the helpline?

E