Worried

Hello. 

I’m not sure if I’m being a bit previous or not by writing here but I’m worried and I don’t want to bother my friends and family too much.  I’ve had a very painful breast for more than three weeks now.  My right breast - shooting pains in my nipple.  I have been to my doctor and she examined me and could immediately see that it was swollen and she said that she could feel some density/thickness.  I now have an appointment this Thursday for a mammogram and an ultrasound.  In the meantime she prescribed me some painkillers which don’t seem to be making any difference as the pain is still very much there.  I’m 54.  I live in France and my french isn’t great.  As the day for my appointment approaches I’m becoming more anxious.  I was wondering if anyone here has had anything similar.

Thank you in advance xx

hi and sorry you have this worry. I had pain in my breast and it was cancer (currently very well) but lots of people have similar symptoms and are fine. Try not to panic. Its good you are getting seen - is there anyone that speaks good English that you can take with you to your appointment to help explain anything technical?