Worrying and Waiting !

hi I’m 27 I have 2 boys and am 16 weeks pregnant with baby 3.
4 weeks ago I found a large lump in my right breast and spoke to gp straight away. She referred me for an urgent ultrasound. So 11 days later I went for that, the lady who carried it out asked me to point out the lump and rolled the ultrasound over it twice. Said there was only normal breast tissue and sent me on my way. No biopsy. Even though you can clearly feel a lump.
Anyway gut feeling is that she has missed something.
Now that afternoon found a small area of tenderness with lump in armpit which in two weeks has grown more and now similar tender spot found on my panty line across the top small lump under skin. No redness or any other changes. Only other noticeable things are pain all around breasts and armpit stabbing pain. Been told I would have a follow up appointment but been a fortnight and I came back from holiday to find I’ve still not got a letter. I really feel stuck and can go back to GP tommorow but need some advice and opinions .

Hello Nomi2010

Welcome to the forums, this must be a very difficult time for you but you have come to the right place for support from our experienced users who I’m sure will be along to support you soon.

In the meantime maybe you would like to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes

June, moderator

Hi nomi

Sorry. I responded on other thread. You are clearly worried and need a second opinion. Go back to your gp. You need a follow up appointment and reassurance. Be super honest with the gp. She seems like the person to appeal to. Its not fair to feel in limbo like you have been. The waiting is actually the worst part.

I can’t offer any suggestions as to what it is. I wish I could but I do hope you go back and be brutally honest with gp about your concerns.

Keep us updated how you get on.xx

Thank you so much. I Went to see GP again yesterday and she felt a fullness in armpit and thickening in right breast. She wasn’t worried and even though i have pains and chronic diarhea and also aches in my arms hips and legs she said its most likely pregnancy changes although I was getting these months before I was pregnant. She is writing a letter to find out why my breast clinic haven’t gave me an appointment. I also rang the hospital who have no record of me even being reffered at all. Not sure what to think I’m just angry at being messed around and i am upset. I do hope it’s nothing but think I need a definite answer to what is going on xxx