ZOLADEX Side Effects

ZOLADEX Side Effects

ZOLADEX Side Effects Hello

Can any of you out there help ?

Mastectomy and reconstruction complete, my partner has been on Zoladex for 14 months (3 monthly intervals - changing to monthly in 3 weeks). She was also on Tamoxifen upto February but this was withdrawn due to side effects and will be reassessed in due course…

My question relates to side effects relating to Zoladex. My partner is 45 and thus was premenopausal. She is currently experiencing hot flushes (which are just about bearable) and also insomnia and aching limbs (which are causing great problems).

Is there any thing or anyway of coping or anything that can help with the insomnia and aching limbs ?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Dear Dan I am sorry to read that your partner is experiencing side effects which are causing her problems. I hope you receive some helpful information from the other forum users soon, in addition you and/or your partner are welcome to contact our freephone confidential helpline on 0808 800 6000 for support, information and advice regarding ways to help alleviate and manage the side effects.

The helpline is open Monday to Friday 9am-5pm and Saturday 9am-2pm. I do hope this is helpful to you.

Best wishes
Forum Host
Beast Cancer Care

i am not going to be much help here.
many have said about aching limbs and other symptoms, the hot flushes i just wear layers so i can peel off,
i have just come off my anti depressants and so am having to get to sleep on my own again !!!
i take an hour or so before getting to sleep and wake up early but i have to remind myself that i was pretty much like that before.
lavender oil, 1 drop on the pillow can help sleep but only if you like the smell of it and only use for 3 weeks or the effects wear off.
a warm bath before bed. gentle breathing excercises focusing on the breathing and clearing the mind.
at my worst i slept about an hour a night.
try not to get worked up about it as that will not help.
believe that when the body is tired enough it WILL go to sleep.
take care,
sharon. x

Thanks Sharon Thanks Sharon, will let my partner know - i think we both need to try something !!!