367186posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 week referral

7 REPLIES 7

Re: 2 week referral

Keeping everything crossed for a good result for you!

im trying to keep calm but it’s hard, I’m not sure whether to expect a letter with an appointment or a phone call...I feel really on edge! 

Thanks cariad.   No my results are due 15/1 as they took some samples for pathology.  I got the impression that if they hadn't needed to I'd have heard on the same day. 

Thanks Ariom22, I will defo chase if I don’t hear, I’m in the south east, one of the worst hit areas for Covid so we shall see! 

Have you had all your results back now? Really hope you are ok, it’s a stressful time xx 

My gp said to call them back if I hadn't heard in 10 days, but in that time I had a letter to chase it myself, and then I gave the letter an extra day than it said due to bank hols and had contact then.  It was all very efficient.  I don't know how it is elsewhere though.  I'm in north/midlands and I think covid has been worse in London so far. 

Hope you get your answers fast.  I'm 40 and everything I've read has said cysts (which are benign) are really common in our age group. 

Thank you both so much for replying

My GP doesn’t think it’s much to be concerned about but I think it’s only natural to have those ‘what ifs’ going on. 

im 41 now and so I think age may have played a part in my referral, she also sent me for blood tests today which worried me! 

I don’t have the number or any idea where the breast clinic is, in a daze I completely forgot to ask but if I have not heard in 10 days or so will ask my GP surgery for it so I can call them.

thanks again, it’s so nice to have some support

xx

Hi

Waiting is really worrying.  Remember 90% of lumps are benign and try to stay off Google.

I found my lump on 17/12 and saw gp same day and despite all the bank holidays was seen within the 2 week period on 30/12. I don't know if thats changed since?  Hope you get as timely a response.

I work in social care which may be a bit different to health but we're still working through the recent lockdown changes.  

When I went to clinic - everyone masked up and plenty of hand San points - marked out areas in the waiting area to show spaces to sit to distance.  Staff all wearing appropriate PPE. One way system in place. Mammogram plates appeared well streilised between uses though I imagine that's standard. 

Hope you get seen in a timely way and it's nothing to worry about. 

Hi cariad

First of all, welcome to the forums, although your reason for being here is not something to welcome! You’ll find many women in the same position as you and women like me who wear the t-shirt now and can help you through.

My understanding is that all but the smallest hospitals have now made huge steps to get things back on track and in fact, during the pandemic, I’ve not read many posts complaining about delays. The NHS has a 2-week commitment to act on prospective cancers and hospitals generally are managing to keep to it. If you’ve been given a contact number, there is no reason why you shouldn’t ring to ask about their schedules.

Having a lump can be terrifying but GPs always err on the side of caution and they are always checked thoroughly. About 90% of referred lumps are benign. YES. They turn out to be harmless. Before I got breast cancer at 66, I’d had a large lump in my 30s (a fibroadenoma that was removed, just in case) and two cysts that went away of their own accord. So please don’t start googling breast cancer (absolutely disastrous for many reasons, including the fact that each person’s circumstances are different and Google doesn’t do emotions!). As Shi, one of the Community Champions, always says, you don’t have cancer until an oncologist tells you that you do.

It’s hard not to worry about the worst case scenario so work hard on your emotional health. Meditation, mindfulness, marathons, muffins, whatever rocks your boat. I plugged into YouTube videos (particularly Progressive Hypnosis’s Manifest Healing that saw me through everything). You are going to have anxiety as the appointment approaches, as you wait for results... it takes time, so the better you feel about yourself and the more easily you can reduce your stress levels, the easier the whole experience will be.

Right now, the odds are in your favour. I do hope it stays that way,

Jan x

2 week referral

Hi everyone!

im brand new here and looking for some advice and experiences

i have a tiny lump just above my left breast and my GP has referred me under the 2 weeks guideline....I didn’t think to ask at the time whether Covid and the second lockdown we have just gone into will put paid to that! 

Has anyone had a referral recently and has the appointments been in that 2 week time frame?

im so worried and not sure how I would deal with a delay

xx