Advise needed

Hi

I’ve recently been called back for a second mammogram.  When I went they just told me that the results had showed a change from my last one(I have annual ones due to family history) a year ago. They done another mammogram followed by an ultrasound and a biopsy.  All this happened within 90 minutes.  I wasnt expecting all this as I’d shown no signs and it was just an annual check up. Is it normal to have all this done within 2 hours. Reading on the internet it looks like each procedure are normally done on different days. They took 3 samples of tissue. They also asked me if I was on HRT. Does all this mean they already know its cancer before the tissue is tested and confirmed. I’m 48 . Thanks in advance for your replies xx

Hi there - I had the same experience as you.  Was called back for a 2nd mammogram - assumed that I’d moved during first, so was completely taken aback when I had biopsies and ultrasound during the same appointment.  Also as I was only expecting a mammo, I went on my own and didn’t feel the need to tell anyone where I was off to, afterall in my head it was just a routine appt!  In the clinics defence the recall letter did explain that it might be necessary to do further investigations.  This was a pre-Covid. 

Hello, sorry you have this worry, waiting for results is horrible. I’ve been called back like this twice and both times had same tests as you, all at once. I think this is standard practice, when possible, for our benefit to cut down the waiting. If they have not told you its cancer it means they don’t know yet, it could be something benign like calcification, the biopsy should find this out, results usually take a week or so. Then youll know what you are dealing with if anything. If it is cancer there are lots of us here who have been through it and are fine now. The nurses on here are brilliant if you want to talk to someone. I’d say try not to Google, you’ll just scare yourself and everyone is different. Good luck with your next step. Xxxx