Awaiting biopsy

Hello everyone, 

I came across this forum and found a little peace in it. I wanted to share to see if anyone had any advice for coping. 
I few days ago I noticed a lump slightly protruding from my breast. I called my doctor and ended up getting in the next day. He did a breast exam, found the lump but wasn’t overly concerned and said he didn’t think it was alarming and it felt likely fibrocystic. He ordered a mammo and ultrasound to be on the safe side.
When I went in and got it checked. The tech seemed pretty concerned, also mentioned reactive nodes (which could maybe be from recent covid infection?). But that made me terrified that it’s super aggressive and has spread already. It feels large but I don’t know the exact size yet.

anyways, the radiologist on site and they’re recommended a biopsy which is on Tuesday. I’m hoping to talk to my doctor tomorrow to find out more. 

I’m 32, fit, and haven’t had any health problems. I barely ever even get colds. I’m just losing my mind with worry. I know how statistically uncommon it is at my age but it’s just seeming like my fears are going to come true. I’m terrified of not knowing right now. Has anyone had a similar experience?

I don’t think you can rely on either of these comments as they have not looked at any cells in your lump under a microscope and without this further test it is best to avoid imagining what it may or not be. You would not be undergoing these tests if there was not a possibility of it being breast cancer. It is rare in women who are under 50 but it is not unknown. Try and keep yourself busy. If you are not in pain physically do some exercise, have some healthy food e.g. lots of ice cream in my case, sparkling soft drinks in this heat. And get to see friends who can divert you from gloom. I did eventually get diagnosed with cancer in 2003, and may have it again now but i feel fine physically despite my lump. I managed last time even though I wouldn’t recommend cancer treatment to anyone it’s better than the alternative. I found a lot of kindness out there, I didn’t want sympathy but I did want to get better. Best wishes seagulls

I’m in a similar boat. I’m 36 with health anxiety. I had an ident though that led me to a clear mammogram. Ultrasound was supposed to be an excess of caution I was told due to very dense breasts. Well ultrasound found a lump and now waiting on my biopsy results. I am totally freaking out too! I can’t stop looking up everything constantly. Here’s to hoping we are both benign. Although I do see in looking up everything some diagnosed ladies with so much courage and fight and that really inspires me if I do end up having breast cancer.

Hi there! Just checking to see if you’d gotten your results yet. Love to you! 

Good luck I also feel terrified when I am not in control but ultimately no one can control everything. The serenity prayer says God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference. 

Written by a German theologian in the 19th century apparently and adopted by recovery programmes including Alcoholics Anonymous and Al-Anon, for families and friends of alcoholics