Breast Clinic during Covid

Hello 

Have an appointment on the 22nd for the Breast Clinic. Referred by my GP as I have a lump and an area of thickening. I am 38 and have previously had cervical cancer.

I know what would happen during normal times but am wondering what to expect at the moment. As I understand it the clinic is only running a reduced service. My appointment is at 2.15pm and I am worried they won’t have time to do all the tests I might need. The lady who called to give me my appointment just told me they run a triple assessment clinic and I had to attend alone. 

Has anyone been at the clinic yesterday who would share their experience?

thank you 

Hello

I’m sorry you are going through this. I went to the breast clinic 2 weeks ago and had a physical assessment, ultrasound and biopsy (4 samples taken) and it took 1hr 15mins. I was told it usually takes 1hr 30mins. So they should have time to carry out all the assessments they need to on you.

I felt very safe there, had my temperature checked in the waiting room and had to wear a mask throughout. 

I hope it all goes smoothly for you. 

Take care x

You will be ok .

They will do all the necessary tests .

They are very thourogh .

Just a step away from you .

You can call me on [REDACTED] if you fancy a chat or send me a wattaspp  message xx

[Message edited by Forum Moderator to remove phone number. Please do not post personal contact details on this public Forum.]

Hi lmca

How did it all go yesterday? I’ve been thinking about you over the weekend.

xx

How did it all go?

x