Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breast clinic Tuesday

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Its just a cyst

Hi, 

So happy for you and your news! Really glad you have found out an answer!

I'm waiting for my breast MRI results which as we all know is a nerve racking time!

Very happy for you, I hope you had a nice big drink to celebrate 🎉 

Highlighted

Its just a cyst

So went to the appointment today and had a ultrasound scan and its just a cyst. She said there is debris in the cyst which suggests that it has been infected and because the cyst is growing it Will become infected again. The ultrasound lady.(sonographer)  said its attached to the skin of my breast and not the tissue which is amazing news. 

However my Dr said it may need cutting out as they cannot see a head on the cyst for it to raise to the surface and release itself, so i may need surgery to.cut it out. 

She also said there were no benefits to putting a needle in it to draw out the fluid at this stage. They are not doing any benign surgery atm so it will be a case of wait and see if it goes on its own but if not they will cut it out for me, as and when benign surgery's resume.

I am so so grateful, I have 2 daughters 6 years and 9 years and I'm just.so glad it isnt serious. My heart goes out to you all suffering from more serious matters as the anxiety alone was horrible.

x

Highlighted

Re: Breast clinic Tuesday

Good morning,

Thankyou both for replying.

My anxiety is through the roof this morning.

The lump has grown over the weekend. I dont no what that means, if its growing rapidly maybe its kind a cyst. 4.5hrs and I will no either way.

I will update with my results

Thanks again 

Rjd xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi rjd, all a bit worrying finding a lump, but you’ve got a quick appointment and quick is good. If it’s a one stop shop type clinic, which most are, you can be given a firm diagnosis on the spot. My visit went like this - checked by triage nurse to make sure I really had a lump (!), then passed to mammogram area. After this I had to wait for the plates to be checked. (At this point I knew it was bad news as I saw a white starburst on one plate. ) Then back to the waiting area. Then passed on to a Consultant who confirmed that in her opinion it was bc and could she do biopsies. Agreed to this and three needle biopsies were performed . Not that pleasant I have to say, and I was pleased I had OH to drive me home. Then more waiting until I ended back with my triage nurse who introduced me to my BC Macmillan nurse and gave me a little appointment card with dates for my op, clinic with my surgeon, and details of chemo and rads. All within 2 hours. We did have a months holiday booked and I was told very firmly , and wisely as it happens, to take it. Best thing ever as it set me up for what was a very strenuous year. 
please remember that until you have your diagnosis confirmed that there is a possibility your lump is benign. I’ve got 🤞 that it is. Good luck. X

Highlighted

Hello 👋 

The breast clinics are usually a one stop place.

You will usually have a physical examination from a breast consultant who may then mark out the lump. They may then send you for an ultrasound/ mammogram to have a look at the lump further.

You may then see a consultant again who will possibly discuss the findings of the scans/ examination, or they may ask you to come back in a week/ 2 weeks to give you the results then. They may also just discharge you straight away! Hoorah!

Let us know how you get on 🤞🏻😘

Highlighted

Breast clinic Tuesday

Hi, i went to the Drs at 11.30am and showed them a lump I'd found. The dr said it feels very superficial, doesnt feel like an absess or anything, she's not to sure what it is but because ive had milky leakage from my nipple and some shooting pains and general achiness she decided to refer me. She said she doesnt think its cancer but will refer me anyway. It started out as something that looked like a spot but it never had a head and then I had major inflammation, redness and swelling round the spot and then I noticed that there was a 2-3cm lump underneath the spot. 

Anyway what shall I expect from my appointment. They just rang from the breast clinic and said appointment is Tuesday at 1.35pm and she rang because she doesnt yhink the letter will come in time.

I assume they will look at it first before they decide to do any tests or anything? 

Has anyone had anything similar to me?