Breast lump

Hello so i have been reading alot on forums and thought I would post what’s going on and see if anyone is able to shed a little light on the situation really or if someone has gone through similar, I have been diagnosed with a 4cm hematoma blood clot on the outa quadrant of my left breast no biopsy just ultro, my questions are has anyone had a spontaneous hematoma and it be just that, as I have had no injury at all I have no bruising or pain whatsoever and im not on any blood thinning medication so im so baffled on to how this has happened  I did ask the consultant these questions and she just told me that shes not to sure, I had my pre op last night so im awaiting a surgery date now as they want to remove it im just really worried that once they get in there and take a look what are the chances it could be somthing more of a concern, I have asked in a support group im on but no one had been in any similar situations, I do apologise for the essay I’m just a loss on who to ask. thankyou in advance xx

Hi Lp94

I don’t have a precise answer but I recently had an MRI before completing my treatment and my oncologist told me all they found was a haematoma by my spine. She said she had no idea why these things happened. Then I got the near-as-dammit discharge (don’t have to go back till June). No suggestion of acting on it.

The fact is, weird things happen in our bodies. I wonder if you’d be so fearful if it were somewhere other than your breast. But the dreaded word ‘cancer’ hasn’t been mentioned so really there’s no reason for your mind to head that way, except that we seem conditioned by society to fear breast cancer. If the surgeon isn’t concerned, why should you be? It’s a pity she didn’t take the time to be more reassuring. About 80% of breast problems are not related to cancer so try to hold onto that fact. And please don’t search online for information - you’ll get more anxious if you do that. 

I hope the surgery goes well and you find your reassurance x