Breast shape change

Sorry, but beginning to freak out a bit. A few months ago I saw an indent under one breast when raising arms. This matches a lot of experiences I have read on this site. I have had a couple of abscesses near there in the past ( from sebaceous cysts). So ignored it. Then life intervened ( shingles in my eye, then once recovered from that I fell off my horse and dislocated pinkie and broke a rib). Anyway things settled down I realised that the indent was not at the site I had the abscesses. Saw from looking downwards that one breast was dome shaped and the other was more square. Told myself that that was natural differences between them. Then realised  one day that the breast with the indent was at least two inches higher that the other. Obviously wondered if that was something I had just not seen before. At my age, 58, breasts are supposed to go South and not become ‘perky’ - bad joke.   Finally saw doctor, with photos to ‘prove’ I was not just imagining things. But she immediately saw what I saw. Got an urgent referral in 3 weeks ( different in Scotland). Have one more week to go.  Not seen anyone else with this combination of symptoms on any responsible site, so naturally imagination going haywire. Has anyone else experienced this ?

Hi I’ve had something similar. Found distinctive indentation mid August. Saw one stop clinic within two weeks. Mammogram inconclusive. Ultrasound found nothing. Had tomosynthesis 3d scan which showed distorted tissue so I then had biopsies that proved benign. Being sent for mri this weekend but I’m hopeful it’s just the consultant being ultra cautious.

It’s been horribly stressful waiting. Like you my mind went into overdrive. Consultant did say initially he suspected a cancer but it’s good news this far that none has been found. 

He’s also said it may just be scar tissue from injury though I’ve no recollection of ever being injured. I’m only 44 so never had mammograms before to compare to current tests. Consultant also mentioned fat necrosis which can cause indentations/tethering so it is possible yours could also be something benign.

Everything crossed you’ll get the all clear soon.

Best wishes x

Had my appointment at the breast clinic last week. Good news, nothing was found by the consultant and the mammogram. She said everything was normal. I then asked some questions as to what was causing the issues myself and my doctor saw. Apparently my indentation was not an indentation, think she meant it was not one to worry about. Normal breast changes given as reason.

I was quite happy with what she said but unfortunately that was where the communication broke down, she thought I did not believe her, which was embarrassing because I did. I think she did not realise that what was totally normal  for her and therefore not worth commenting about, was not normal for me. So when I asked questions she took it the wrong way. I found the whole experience a bit humiliating and felt rather silly for coming to the clinic, wrong I know.

Anyway I have to come back in 6 weeks, no reason given she just said, “You see, I do believe you”. Where the heck did that come from !  I guess it was just a clash of personalities. Any idea why I have to go back when everything normal ?