Call back

I was called back after a 3D mammogram to have another one done and an ultrasound of a suspicious area on my left breast. Has anyone had experience with this? Appointment is Friday. 

Hi @Eternity75  

Thank you for getting in touch. I am sorry you’ve not yet had a response to your post. I’m sure someone will be along shortly to continue the conversation.

In the meantime, if you’d like to chat with one of our Breast Care Nurses, you can call them on 0808 800 6000. They are available during the week 9am-5pm and 10am-2pm on Saturdays.

Best wishes
Shareena
Social Media Officer

Morning,

Yes, it happened to me after my first mammogram.  I was called back for another mammogram and a breast exam and ultrasound.  They also did a biopsy at the same time which was ok, didn’t feel a thing.  Thankfully the results came back as benign but it is a horrible wait for appointment & the results.

Good luck, I hope it goes well 

Hi Eternity75 - first of all a big hug, the waiting really is awful isn’t it. Have you now had your second mammogram? When do you get the results? Last year I had to have 3 mammograms for various reasons, including because they hadn’t got a good enough image and they spotted something they wanted to biopsy. I really hope you get the reassurance you want. Evie xx