Can't take this waiting game!

Hi ladies, im new to the forum and just wanted a little rant I guess. About 2 or 3 weeks ago I noticed i was bleeding randomly from my left nipple. I kinda just shrugged it off as it was only little drops at a time and wasn’t constant but last week I noticed there was about a 10p size circle of blood in my bra when i woke up, mentioned it to my mother in law who was horrified that I hadn’t gotten it seen to so I booked to see the doctor the next day. Decided to give my boobs a feel to see if I could feel anything and theres a hard lump behind my left nipple. I saw the doctor on Thursday last week and he was referring me to the breast clinic and said my appointment would be within 2 weeks but I haven’t heard anything yet, is this normal? It’s only been 6 days but I thought i would have had a letter by now. The discharge has now settled to a clear/bloody discharge, still spontaneous but seems to be a bit less than before. Has anyone else had this? I’m making myself ill worrying! X

Hi Samantha88811, totally understand how you are feeling.A few weeks ago i was in a similar position with waiting for the appointment. I rang the clinic i was referred to and they informed me that due to the amount of referrals that they were receiving it would take up to 3 weeks to be  seen. The letter arrived exactly 2 weeks from the date of referral and i was seen the following week. Wishing you all the best xx

How did your appointment go? I phoned my doctor yesterday and turns out the doctor had put the referral through incorrectly, went through as routine which is about a 12 week wait when it should have been urgent! I’m raging! So it had to be resent again yesterday as urgent which means pretty much back to the start of the waiting game x

I got my phone call after a week they had to put extra breast clinics on first as had a back log … good luck xx