Cancelled appointment

Hi all I’ve been waiting 9 weeks for my urgent referral appointment which was due this coming Monday 9th July, as many of you will understand the wait has been horrendous rollercoaster of emotions. I come home to a letter today my appointment had been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances. New appointment for 6th August another 5 weeks… I’ve rung the appointment dept and explained since my original referral from my GP I have since found a lump, was then told my appointment has been cancelled for the consultant holiday. I’m going out of my mind if I take leave someone covers my work. Going to speak to original GP tomorrow again and ask advice just feel so disappointed ?

Hi Charliejon,
Sorry to hear you’re going through this, a 9 week wait on top of a further delay is deeply disappointing as you say.
As well as your GP, it might be worth contacting your local PALS patient advice & liaison service), others here have found them helpful.
Chances are all’s well, but that’s not the point when going through this.
Do take care & hope it gets resolved soon.
ann x

Thanks Ann, I have spoken to GP this morning mentioned the lump and she is referring me again hopefully should hear something in 2 weeks she couldn’t believe I’ve waited this long either as first referral was urgent, fingers crossed now xx