Feeling positive

Hi, just wanted to say thank you so much for all your lovely responses ladies you are truly amazing

So today went ok, I was told that they could see a calcification on my right breast which is the area thats been bothering me…ironically not where its prickly to the touch. So I wonder if this has bee just picked up on the off chance and that the prickling is hormone related…

The ultrasound confirmed the calcification too as he could clearly see this and to make sure its nothing else to be concerned about i had a biopsy to rule out anything else as im assuming they need to make sure its definitely a calcification i guess. 

I must admit had I of been told about the biopsy process in the first place you probably would have dragged me there as i certainly did not like that part!! 

I’m going to need some pain killers tonight!

It was a relief to hear that there was no tumours, but I still have this awful.feeling that something isn’t quite right and im still on this roundabout? 

The only weird funny side to this is that my body likes making pearls :prayer_beads: ? as I had a gall bladder removal 2 years ago and I had a stone stuck, maybe I was a pearl glam in previous life so had an awful procedure to get rid of that!! Plus I’ve had calcium deposits elsewhere in my body . 

But I must not forget that calcifications can either be pre cancerous or still cancerous so im not out of the woods yet otherwise they wouldn’t have done the biopsy. 

Also, could I have some advice from anyone thats had a biopsy if you have to go in for your results, its just that I would prefer it in a letter…is it standard to have to come in as they seemed adamant it will be a face to face appointment and that I will get a letter? 

This part i am not looking forward too and not so confident ss the biopsy is a final assessment and I will be bricking it

Xx

Hi Bluecat - thank you for coming back to update us all. Even while you have been nervous about your own appointment I’ve noticed the great support you have been giving others who are at a similar stage

Sorry to hear that you are sore after the biopsy - they are horrible aren’t they, but a necessary evil and the pain shouldn’t last long. I found painkillers sorted the pain.

I had a face to face appointment after my biopsy, but I don’t know what the procedure is in these Covid times. Why don’t you give one of the breast care nurses at your hospital a call to find out?

As you said yourself, the team always like to be absolutely certain they haven’t missed anything, which is why they do so many tests. I really hope you get your results and reassurance very soon.

Hugs, Evie xx

great news. I am hoping for same with some of my upcoming tests