Feels like deja vu

I had breast cancer when I was 27 and had lumpectomy and all lymph nodes removed and thought that wud be the end of it but at 29 years of age I had high risk of ovarian cancer and so had a full hysterectomy as I have the brace 1 gene and 2 sisters died of breast cancer and ovarian cancer at ages 40 an 42.

This time I went for routine mammogram they called me back for ultrasound scan and biopsies as I had a 14 mm lump and 5mm enlarged lymph nodes. I have to wait till 13 July to get results.

im sooo sick and tired of it all and at the moment I feel I can’t take anymore surgeries or treatment! 
As my daughter said you have given up mum and the fight has gone out of you! I just feel like what is the use of going through all that suffering and still dying! 
im sorry but just needed to vent out my feelings somewhere. I’m really scared and fed up!

Hi haffy

What a huge shock for you. No wonder you are reeling. You won’t know till all the tests come through whether it’s a recurrence or Stage 4 but remember that the world of breast cancer is changing rapidly. There are new treatments and exciting trials you might qualify for, but they need to have all the data to ensure you get the best options and best outcomes. They can also manage side effects much better now. I can understand your not wanting to go through it all again but surely it’s worth a try. The dying part might be years away - you just can’t know.

Thinking of you xx