Did you mean: 

First appointment worried sick

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: First appointment worried sick

Good luck for today Shannon88 

Highlighted

Thank you for your reply ann it's nice to receive a message of reassurance.

I'll be sure to let you know how I get on.

Highlighted

@hollymum.

My appointment is this Thursday.I can not sleep thinking about it.I'm sorry to hear you have a similar problem and I wish you well with your appointment. I have a 5 month old daughter and a 5 and 8 year old trying to stay positive for them but I I am such a worrier anyway! I feel as though I'm getting new symptoms everyday but I'm unsure if some of it is caused by the anxiety.thank you for your reply 🙂

Highlighted

I'm in the same boat it's so worrying, I'm hoping the fact that my blood work has all come back within the normal range is a good sign. Xx

Highlighted

Hi Shannon88,

I have similar symptoms to you and awaiting my first breast clinic appointment next Monday. Have you got your appointment through yet? This waiting time is difficult, like you I have had a rollacoasta of emotions just want to get to that appointment and find out whats going on? Although its not easy, try and stay positive you did the right thing by going to the doctor and getting it checked out.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Shannon,

As ever it's the waiting for appointments that is so stressful, as the mind goes into overdrive in filling in the gaps.

BC would be the least likely reason behind your symptoms, but obviously it does need to be checked out, so you've done all you can for now.

No amount of anxiety or stressing will change the outcome, so it can help to carry on as normal, keep busy & distract yourself from thinking about it as much as you can.

Do let us know how you get on, chances all's well, it usually is.

ann x

Highlighted

First appointment worried sick

Hi thought I would share as I'm worried sick about my first appointment at the breast clinic.

About a month ago I noticed a achey feeling in my armpits,found a hard lump on my chest wall doctor said possible cartilage inflammation from a viral infection (I hadn't had a viral infection I was aware of)

Lump still there 2 weeks later went back doctors checked armpits (not breast) was told probably muscle strain. A week on my right breast has a slight bruise  (no trauma) above nipple,breast extremely painful feels tender to the touch and few lumps felt armpits extremely tender and finally a referral to breast clinic for this Thursday.I have 3 very young children I'm so scared and I am waking ever nigt drenched with sweat 😞 any advice on anything mentioned in my case??