cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First timer

3 REPLIES 3
Evie-S

Re: First timer

Mindfulness is basically the idea of living in the present moment, rather than the past or the future. I discovered it while I was having treatment and I still use it now. You practise training the mind for example when you are eating dinner focus on the taste rather than talking or reading messages (not every meal of course, just once in a while for practice), or when you go for a walk take time to look at what you are walking past instead of planning what you are going to do tomorrow or beating yourself up about something you did yesterday.

One of the best pieces of advice I received, linked to mindfulness, was to “take one day at a time, or even one hour at a time when things are difficult”. That is very much living in the moment, and not letting your mind rush ahead to the future and worry about things that haven’t happened and might never happen. Does that make any sense? There are apps such as Headspace if you were interested, or google for more info.

There are lots of lovely people on here, so chat any time you need. You may have seen the couple of recent threads where 2 ladies came back on to tell us that their lumps turned out benign - to give others hope and show that not all lumps are sinister. Big hugs 🤗 Evie xx

moltencat

Aww thank you! I have been reading through a few threads everyone here seem so lovely and friendly! What is mindfulness?

Evie-S

Hi moltencat - welcome to this lovely forum, I’m glad you found it and I hope we can support you through this worrying time. The waiting really is tough isn’t it, as your mind can go into overdrive. I would really suggest that you don’t go to Dr Google, or you will scare yourself. He really doesn’t know you or your body. I’m not medical so won’t try to give you any medical advice, but it is true that there can be many innocent explanations for lumps and symptoms in the breast and armpits, and GPs are always cautious and refer people who come to them with a new lump, which is good but scary at the same time. As lovely Shi (another champion on here) always reminds us - you do not have BC until someone diagnoses it. That is good advice for all of us, whatever stage we are at.

This is the time for you to be especially kind to yourself, lots of treats or whatever to keep your mind from thinking about next Wednesday. Maybe try mindfulness if you haven’t already.

Please keep chatting on here if it helps, we will be right with you next week and hope you get the reassurance you are looking for. Do let us know if you feel like it. Best wishes, Evie xx

moltencat

First timer

hi, so I start to get a ache in armpit and noticed a lump. I then started getting alot of nausea and sickness.. so after 4 weeks doctors asked me to make appointment so they could check lump.. they referred me to the one stop clinc. I go next Wednesday... bc does run in my family. Its only a small lump. They also took blood but that has come back normally so assuming its not bc .. however its still worrying me...