cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting very anxious waiting for core biopsy results

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: Getting very anxious waiting for core biopsy results

Aww Gaileigh I'm truly gutted for you being back in the waiting game - I hope it doesn't take an age and you get a good outcome.🥰

I had my appointment with surgeon today and she has recommended that I have a wire guided excision to remove the radial scar.  She said that even though no cancer cells were found from core biopsy  she said it still looks suspicious so needs removing so that they can send it to pathology and confirm either way.

We have quite a few things on in May and June and holiday at beginning of July so I asked for surgery to be delayed.  She was surprised I didn't want it done sooner but agreed that I can have it done on 18 July.  

Maybe I should just get it over and done with and take an earlier date but I am only in this situation because of breast screening invite and that could have come through sooner or later...🤔

Highlighted

Hi GezziJ

fantastic news 😊 I’m so happy for you, such a huge relief.

unfortunalty I didn’t have the surgery on Monday as when they went to insert the wires they found something else on the mammogram, so they biopsied that and I went back to playing the waiting game, 🤷🏻‍♀️

I wish you you the best of luck in the future 😘 xxx

Highlighted

Thank you for thinking of me Gaileigh - it's certainly been a long couple of weeks!

I saw the lovely doctor who did the biopsies today and she confirmed that neither areas contained any cancer cells - phew!  The tiny one with the marker in is a benign fibroadenoma which will be left in situ.  The larger one is a complex sclerosing legion/radial scar so I am meeting with the surgeon next week as I may need to have it removed by excision or vacuum biopsy due to the risk of cancer cells forming inside them.  Until it is removed they can't be 100% certain that there are no cancer cells within.

Gaileigh - I see from your post that you were having surgery on Monday - hope all went well and you are back home recovering. xxx 🥰

Mini Mad - I saw that you were having op yesterday - hope that went well too and you are also back home recovering.xxx🥰

I do hope the next stage of your treatment plans go well - I will be thinking of you both as well as all the other ladies on this forum who are facing similar journeys.  

GJ

xxx

Highlighted

Thank you so much for thinking of me Gaileigh - I haven't been on here for a few days as I was getting myself a bit worked up trying to second guess my own diagnosis and potential treatment from other posts. 😟

Gaileigh - I saw from your post that you were having surgery on Monday - hope everything went well for you and you are home and being well and truly pampered.xxx 🥰

Mini Mad - saw that you were having op yesterday - hope it went well and you are now home and also being well looked after xxx🥰

So I saw the lovely doctor who did the biopsies today - fortunately no cancer was found in either of the biopsied sites. The bigger one is a 3cm complex sclerosing legion (radial scar) and the smaller one is a Fibroadenoma.  They can't be 100% certain that there are no cancer cells in the radial scar so I have to go and see the surgeon next week to see if I need an excision or vacuum biopsy to remove it - apparently there is a high risk of cancer cells developing so once removed it will be sent off to the lab to check if there is any cancer in it.

I am so relieved and do feel that a big weight has been lifted off my shoulders today.  

Wishing you all the very best with your op recoveries and the next stages of your treatment.  

GJ

xxx

Highlighted

Hey GezziJ

just wanted to say good luck for tomorrow,and that I’m thinking of you, 😘 xxx

Highlighted

Hi Gailleigh

Thank you for your reply - so sorry that you received the dreaded news after an agonising wait.  It's good that you now know where you are and what the next steps are - big hugs to you x Heart

I am off  work currently for the easter holidays so have too much time on my hands to dwell about the what ifs!  I am trying to keep myself busy but when I am on my own my mind goes into overdrive!  

Wishing you all the very best - i'll let you know how I get on next week.

xx

Highlighted

Thanks Mini Mad

Really appreciate your reply - I am trying to be positive but tbh I cant believe this is happening.  With no obvious lump, when I attended the original screening appointment, I assumed I would get an all clear result!  Even when I went for further tests, I still thought I would come away with an all clear - more fool me!!  

It's the fortnightly waits that are doing my head in - original mammogram > results 14 days later with an appointment to attend BC Clinic in 14 days > then 14 days to wait for biopsy results!  At least I have a hospital referral appointment in place a week after the results if need be. 😐

Roll on the 17th - I'll keep you updated.

xx

Highlighted

Hey GezziJ

I've literally just been through EXACTLY the same as you, I had the biopsy’s on March 25th and got the results yesterday (15 of the longest days of my life) I was given the news I’d been dreading, but I have to say the wait has been the worse part, I now have the knowledge and the plan to move forward and I’m feeling a lot more positive and a lot calmer, 

I wish you well, here anytime you want to chat 😘 xxx

Highlighted

Hi  GezziJ,

sorry to read your post....its such a shock isnt it.... waiting for results is bloody awful 😬😬

all i can say is we have all been there, some more than once...

you have to be strong and positive and should the news be bad ,  face upto it with determination.

like you i didnt say anything  i think its the best way...  

please let me know how things go with you..... you will ALWAYS find someone on here to talk to.

good luck and BIG hugs 💖💖

Highlighted

Getting very anxious waiting for core biopsy results

Hi All

I'm new to this forum but I am at my wits end waiting for the results for 2 core biopsies.

After having my first ever mammogram at the beginning of March, (I will be 51 in June) I received a letter a couple of weeks later informing me that I need to attend the breast assessment clinic for further tests.  The appointment was last Wednesday (3rd April) and my husband came with me for support.  

When I arrived I was told it was my left breast that they wanted to check so I had a further mammogram, ultrasound and the doctor examined both breasts to see if there were any differences.

The mammogram shows a shadow on my breast but no lump so I had to have a core biopsy.  Also the ultrasound picked up a very small dense line in a different area which was on the mammogram so this was biopsied also.

My results appointment has been made for 17th April and it can't come soon enough.  Also because the doctor can't be certain it isn't cancer she has already booked a hospital referral appointment for the following week (which can be cancelled if necessary.)

My husband is being really supportive but I dont want to keep talking about it with him as I know he is worried.  Also at the moment, we have agreed not to mention anything to our families or friends until we know the outcome so that they are not put through any unnecessary worry.  However this is making me feel very isolated and just want to share it with someone which is why I am posting this.  (Weirdly, just typing this has helped.)

I feel I am on the verge of tears all the time as can't stop over thinking it all and just want the results so I know where I stand.