62978members
331084posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have been referred through the two week rule.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Have been referred through the two week rule.

Thank you so much for sharing! I found my lump after the period and went to GP. 

So worried.  Did you feel all three lumps?

Hi! My family in Russia and whatever will happen to me I'm not going to say anything to them. That's my way for now.  I'm waiting to go to the hospital for a check up on the 24of June.  I have got a lump and it's painful, the GP said that it feels like a syst but you never know.

Best of luck andblessings xx

Hi Fierce,  it must be a worry. Not knowing who to tell in family either is a dilema. I guess you could sleep on the question a little longer, or ask a family member , if they do know already, for advice. I hate others worry on my behalf, so have kept a lot to myself. Either way it's hard. Do what your gut tells you, as this is about you. Take care, hope it all goes your way. Ps thanks for reply to. X

Hello Flossyadams and anyone else reading...

I was so happy to wake up this morning and have a reply.  Sorry to hear that you and your mum have been going through this.    I've been wondering if I should be feeling a certain way  or a different way, But as you said, every one processes and deals differently.  Think I needed to hear that.    I completely understand that you haven't told your son.  No need to worry him yet.  My biggest concern has been how and whether to tell people.  I have told one of my sisters.  And a few colleagues who have been through similar.   But telling my father and younger sister is a worry.  Can't bear the thought of them being upset.  I'm half Turkish.  My younger sister is from My dad's second marriage. They live in Istanbul.  They don't have the breast awareness that we have. I think they would be very worried.

Anyway thanks so much for your reply, it means a lot.

Lots of love XXxxxxx

Hi Fierce, will be thinking of you on 29th. I pray it's ok.We will be here to support you.

I went for 2nd screen on 23rd, as something looks odd, had 6 biopsy done.

Had same 5 year ago, surgery, and got all clear. The waiting must be so hard for you.

It's hard not to worry, so I tend to allow myself a little worry time. You do it your way. My mum 65, just had a small Cancer, lump out, hormones, and seems fighting fit. You were brave going alone. I wanted to go alone, as I prefer to process things quietly, plus no need as I clear until good otherwise. Haven't told my Son as it's A levels. I plan to keep it to me an my mum only, should it be not ok. I really hope you will be ok. X

Hi Ann, and hello to anyone else reading this.

I initially had an appointment for tests booked for the 3rd of June.  When I got home on Wednesday night there was a letter with an appointment for the next day! (Thursday 23rd May).   Maybe I got someone's cancellation?

My sister had arranged to come down from Cheshire (I live in London) to accompany me to the 3rd of June appointment.

But I decided to take the sooner appointment for Thursday and go alone. Which was okay.

I had a physical examination.  Then mammograms, a 3D mammogram, and scanning. They could see 3 lumps on my left breast.  I had a triple biopsy. And will get the results on Wednesday 29th.

They have prepared me for bad news.  But assured me that if it is bad news it will be dealt with.   It has been a great source of comfort to me that everything is being dealt with quickly and efficiently.

I have three friends and colleagues that have been diagnosed and are all now fine. So that is also very comforting.

Just wanted to share this with you, and anyone else that may read this.

Lots of love to Everyone..Xxxxxxx

Thank you Ann, I will.

Community Champion

Hi Fierce,

Although it doesn’t feel like it at least you will now be properly checked out. 

At the appointment you’ll be seen by the Dr & an ultrasound & mammo is usually done. If it's not clear what it is, then a biopsy is taken, in which case there is another week or 2s wait for the results. 

Mostly all’s well & you’ll be sent on your way, but it can help to have someone with you anyway, especially for a biopsy result later, if that’s needed. Let us know how you get on

ann x

Have been referred through the two week rule.

Hey there,

Found a lump on my left breast on the 9th of May. Had an appointment with my GP, and have been referred through the two week system.  Think I may get the appointment date today.  I feel really nervous. I've completely lost my appetite although I am continuing to eat and trying to eat healthily.  I have two sisters. One is a few years younger than myself. I am 51.  The other is half my age. I haven't told the younger one in case it's nothing.  I have told the elder sister.  But I'm not sure whether she should come with me to the appointment.  If it's bad news and I react badly, I don't want her to see.  I think it will give her strength and hope to see me strong.  Does anyone else have similar dilemmas or have any advice??    XXXxxx