cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you stop the brain noise?

10 REPLIES 10
Community Champion

Re: How do you stop the brain noise?

Great news !! And the bonus of a walk in the sunshine !! 

Highlighted

Thanks! Hospital was so quiet! Everything fine looks like a fat lobule, I had a physical examination and an ultrasound, so nothing to worry about. I'll keep checking in on it plus now I'll be even better at checking my breasts! Glad it's taught me more about my boobs. Plus I got to take advantage of going outside and did two laps of my little park which was lovely after 4 weeks of isolation! Keep well! ♥️

Highlighted
Community Champion

Good luck 🤞🤞🤞

Highlighted

For anyone who comes across this, I got an appointment really quickly and am getting an Uber in a few mins. Haven't been worrying actually, my brain seemed to shut itself up for a few days but now I'm feeling a bit sick which I think is understandable. I'm not too worried really... Will update. 

Highlighted

Thank you. Fingers crossed 🤞🏼

Highlighted
Community Champion

I hope you get an appointment quickly - it may actually be quicker than normal as all routine breast screening is cancelled .

Highlighted

Ah yes good point! Tbh I'm a bit of a tough cookie exterior type of gal so I'll be fine on my own, I just know he wants to be supportive as I've been there for him through some tough hospital stays etc. 

It's great the forum is here. I'm not great with emotions so easier to hide behind my phone! I'm glad to be working from home at the mo so I don't have to deal with facing colleagues 😂

Highlighted
Community Champion

I don't think most hospitals are allowing anyone to accompany a patient to an appointment at the moment so chances are your partner wouldn't have been able to attend with you even if he wasn't having to isolate .Most breast cancers grow very slowly so a few weeks delay makes little difference to outcomes but the anxious waiting is very hard .Theres always someone to chat to  on the forum - particularly as most of us are now stuck at home 😳

Highlighted

Thanks so much Jill. That brings me some comfort. Yes I've been very wary not to do any googling, only been on NHS or breast cancer charity sites to check symptoms and the process of getting checked out. It's even more rubbish as my partner is immunocompromised so won't be able to attend any apps with me and I'm not ecstatic about having to attend a hospital right now. Anyway thanks for taking the time to reply. I'm just going to be kind to myself and try to keep distracted until I hear more. X

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Kami ,welcome to the forum .Its really not a great time to have a health concern is it , like you say your GP may well after examination have been able to give you some indication of what the lump may be .The vast majority of breast lumps are not cancer but until you get the re-assurance it's very hard to put it out of your mind .Stay away from Google as it can't possibly diagnose you without the aid of a mammogram /ultrasound / biopsy ! If you are diagnosed please remember that breast cancer outcomes after treatment are really good these days and treatments are getting kinder and more successful all the time .Jill x

Highlighted

How do you stop the brain noise?

Hi all,

3 months ago I felt a lump under my boob kind of where your bra wire would sit. I couldn't always find it and at first thought it was only appearing when my breasts swelled before my period. However I've now managed to memorise where it is and know it's not a hormonal thing. With the virus my GP is shut to physical apps so I've been automatically referred to hospital. I'm awaiting an appointment... Been told it is usually 3 weeks but ever changing due to the virus. Since speaking with the Dr I have become so much more aware of the lump. I feel an ache there almost all the time and wonder if it's psychosomatic as there wasn't an ache there before (only if I was pressing it hard but it wasn't a lingering ache at all). 

I'm usually a very chill person in the sense I don't let things worry me until it's confirmed I need to worry but at the same time I'm not adverse to the off anxious moment and right now my brain will not shut off. I'm absolutely terrified because I've not had the chance to be seen by a GP who may well have given me an idea of how worried I should be in the first place.

I've only told my boyfriend and best friend at the mo. My best friend had a lump a few years ago and it was nothing bad and she tells me cancerous lumps aren't usually painful but I don't know where she got that info from so it's not that comforting. I have zero other symptoms and don't know if it's common to have more. 

I've seen some people's posts saying how long they waited for apps and that's also really worrying me. 

Anyway I don't really know what I'm asking for, I guess just some sort of acknowledgement or comfort. 

Hope you're all keeping safe at this scary time. Kami x