Huge painful lump, advice needed

Hi all
This is my first post, waiting for my referral on Friday but so distracted at the moment. I’ve had on and off pain since April but found a large lump on the weekend.
Went to doctor on Monday and I have a lump around the size of an apricot! It kills, pain through my armpit and my left boob looks higher, rounder and the nipple is darker and slightly retracted.
Brain going nuts! I am 38, fit and healthy with 2 girls just hope it’s nothing sinister…
Anyone else with similar? What could it be? Wanted to cry the pain was so bad today. Only 48 hours to wait I guess

Hi, 

Pain isn’t generally the first thing associated with breast cancer but it can be a symptom so your wise to get yourself checked out, it could be a cyst or Fibrodenema which are both benign conditions that can be painful, I had a small Fibrodenema and it was a sharp stabbing pain that would take my breath away. 

I know how hard it is not to over think and google your symptoms but please try not to do this, it really could be nothing to worry about and even if it is it you will cope, we’ve all been there and it’s awful but stressing about the what ifs will change nothing and just make this an even more miserable time.

I had breast cancer 3 years ago and I got through it and am just fine now and if you have to you will do too Xx Jo