cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’ve had a breast Indentation for 2 years

18 REPLIES 18
Community Champion

Re: I’ve had a breast Indentation for 2 years

It's strange but you do actually feel a sense of relief alongside the upset of a cancer diagnosis as the horrible waiting and not knowing is so awful -it is far better to know what you are dealing with and have a plan to deal with it .

Highlighted

Hi Jill1998

Thank you so much for replying to me. I think you are right, I'll feel better when I have confirmation of what my problem is. I've pretty much resigned myself to bad news now, anything better will be a huge plus.  

Community Champion

It's awful when you are geared up to deal with something and then it doesn't happen .Im afraid it has happened to quite a few of us when waiting for results -it's cruel .I promise you that whatever the outcome on Friday you will feel better as if it's bad news you will have a plan to get rid of the bugger and can get on with dealing with it - the anxiety filled no-mansland is the worst time .

Hi

Just an update. I was supposed to get my results this morning but the hospital rang me and said my results aren't yet ready so I'm going in on Friday morning now to get them. More waiting time. I still feel totally distraught and I'm not getting any better. I'm shocked at myself at the way I'm coping at all with all of this news, or not coping i should say! 

Hi

Thank you for replying here. I'm glad to hear you are well. I had a biopsy on the left Monday and a stereotactic mammogram biopsy (whatever it's called, my brain isn't functioning right)  on Tuesday on the right. I'm feel like I'm going out of my mind with worry. This was my first ever mammogram, I'm just in shock. I think my whole body has collapsed,  having been in good health walking into the clinic on Monday I'm now a total wreck. I think my whole immune system has collapsed I have cold like symptoms, a sore throat and achy muscles all over. I have an appointment on Tuesday presumably for results. I'm dreading it. 

I found an indentation and tethering back in August that the consultant declared was worrysome. Over three months I had ultrasounds, mammograms, tomophotosynthesis scans, an mri, nine core biopsy samples taken and a 3cm sample taken by vacuum assisted biopsy.

It was so stressful and an emotional rollercoaster of terror as test after test proved inconclusive.

Finally after three months the vacuum assisted biopsy result was benign and they discharged me.

I had some calcifications but aside from that I'm left with no understanding what caused my indentation which is quite significant.

As much as benign results were a huge relief not knowing what it is still makes me a little anxious.

I plan to keep an eye on it and go back if it changes further.

Everything crossed you get good news.

It's a scary time and coping with the anxiety is hard. Be gentle with yourself. X

Thank you x

Community Champion

Please come here and talk whenever you need to - if you are diagnosed you will get lots of support/ advice in the Recently diagnosed section of the forum and the going through treatment sections .x

Hi

I had an stereotactic mammogram yesterday, it was very unpleasant but I was a lot calmer than I was in the clinic on Monday, I had only one cluster of calcification, it was removed, its 5mm, a marker was left in there as expected, the doctor who did it for me said he's pretty sure it's not "suspicious" but it still needs to be tested because of the lump in the other one. I get all my results on Tuesday. I'm already expecting it to be confirmed as cancer. I know I shouldn't think that but I can't help it. Thank you for replying to my posts and concerns x 

Community Champion

You will certainly not have been the first person there to have been a bit overwrought - it's a very scary experience  - the staff are used to people being upset so don't worry about that .Probably just about everyone else in the waiting room will be feeling the same way as you .

Thank you for your reply. This is just a big big shock. I was like a demented demon in the clinic yesterday constantly apologising to the staff and nurses for my erratic behaviour! I don't even remember what I was saying but I'm sure I was demented. I'm feeling a bit calmer about today but I'm still dreading it. This is helpful to be able to put all this on here. Thank you 

Community Champion

Not the news you wanted but until you get the results of the biopsy you cannot know for sure - it's like putting the pieces of a jigsaw together working out what is going on .I had /have calcifications that are not cancerous they will be checking them to be in the safe side due to the concerns in the other breast .Its a rollercoaster in the beginning but things do calm down and become less overwhelming and more manageable .Let us know how you get on .x

Hi

Just an update. Yesterday I ended up having 3 mammograms an ultrasound then a biopsy on one side. I have a one centimetre "suspicious" lump and a small cyst on the biopsied side. In the other breast I have calcifications which I'm having biopsied today. I'm obviously terrified of the outcome of this and I'm hopeless with anything medical though I got through yesterday, I'm dreading going back this afternoon. Anyone had these different biopsies? Thank you, it really helps being able to put this on here.

Thank you so much X 

Community Champion

Good luck with your appointment - the waiting for answers is so hard .Most referrals to the breast clinic turn out not to be cancer .Hopefully a mammogram and ultrasound will be able to put your mind at rest .If you have to have a biopsy the nurses that do it are really lovely and really reassure you and talk you through it .Fingers crossed for you .Jill x

I also have an indentation. I have an appointment tomorrow morning at a breast clinic after going to my GP only last Monday morning. I'm terrified of the outcome although I have no history of breast cancer at all in my family,  all I keep reading is horror stories about IBC. I know I shouldn't read the internet stories but I can't help it. My GP examined me and said she couldn't feel any lumps in either breast or my lymph glands but I should get a mammogram to be on the safe side. I don't even really have any boobs! I'm now 49 and dont have any children, by choice. I'm scared of anything medical and an dreading a biopsy and or worse. I am very anxious about tomorrow morning's appointment 😞 

Oh goodness. I’ll keep you in my prayers that it’s benign.

I had an ultrasound 2 years ago for the indentation. The ultrasound from last year was of a different spot so they didn’t go anywhere near the indent. I just got out of the breast doctor appointment and she said she didn’t feel or see anything abnormal but to put my mind at ease, she ordered another mammogram for Monday. I’m still freaking out that it’s something they’re missing but everyone just keeps telling me it’s just my anxiety. 

Have you had an ultrasound or ductogram? I have small intraductal mass (not sure what it is yet) that wasn't seen on a mammogram or ultrasound, but the ultrasound showed dilation, so they did a ductogram and saw it there. 

I’ve had a breast Indentation for 2 years

2 years ago I found an indentation in my right breast. I went for ultrasound and mammogram and both were negative. I went back to the breast surgeon who said she had seen tethering and this was not it. I worried still and went back a year later to have another mammogram and ultrasound and it showed up with scattered benign calcifications. I was told to follow up with any changes. I’ve been worried about it because to be honest I’ve felt pretty crummy the past year or so and every time I get in the shower I see the dent. All day yesterday I had itchiness in that same breast and this happens on and off a lot. It’s not red or dimpled like orange peel skin so I don’t think it’s IBC. I’ve had itchiness since I found the dent so I know IBC progresses fairly quick so after 2 years it would be no mistaking it if it were.

So I went to get in the shower last night and decided to check the dent and normally I would have had to raise my arm high, but this time i barely hold my arm up and it’s there and looks tethered and bigger than normal. I called the breast oncologist that I saw before and they have me scheduled to go in Friday at 8:45. I have a friend who is a radiologist and he looked at both mammograms today and saw nothing abnormal while I stood over his shoulder. This should have made me relieved, but sad to say, it didn’t.

I’m so worried because it’s been 2 years and the thought that it’s been there this long and probably has spread is enough to make me crazy. Has anyone had an indentation that they were told was nothing but turned out to be breast cancer? I’ve read stories about women whose cancers never showed up ok mammogram for some reason. I’m worried sick!