Indeterminate Breast Tissue

Indeterminate Breast Tissue

Hello everyone, I am new here and feeling very anxious. 

In November last year I had an appointment at the breast unit after finding a lump at the bottom of my left breast. 

I had an ultrasound and this found suspicious breast tissue changes and multiple cysts. I then had 3 biopsies at the same appointment. 

My results from these tests 2 weeks later stated that the area of changed tissue was found to be Indeterminate. The Dr stated that this meant they were unable to determine the type of tissue that was seen on the scan. The biopsy results showed normal tissue but the scan was still concerning. After asking the Dr multiple times if it could be cancer he said this could not be determined at this time.

It was then decided that I would return in 3 months for a follow up ultrasound and possibly more biopsy. 

I will be due this appointment at the start of February but cannot get this off my mind. I am so scared and frustrated at not getting a definite answer. 

Has anyone ever had something like this, if so what was the outcome/ your experience. Any information would be amazing as I feel really confused and frustrated with waiting.

Sorry for the long mumbled message, but desperate for information.

Thanks

M

Dear @MH87 , welcome to our Forum. Please don’t apologise for the length of your message, or for seeking information and support here - that’s what this space is for.

It’s good that you have an appointment due for February. We understand this may feel like a long way away, and if in the meantime you wished to speak to one of our breast care nurses, please remember we are here and always happy to listen and talk things through.

You can reach our team on freephone 0808 800 6000 (Mon-Fri 9am-4pm; Sat 9am-1pm), or you can post a message right here on the Forum, on these boards.

Sending our warmest wishes

Bernard