Inverted nipple

I have noticed my nipple has slightly inverted over the last few months. I went to the go and got a 2ww referral. My 2weeks is up tomorrow and I’m really frustrated and worried. I am 57 and find I can’t really find much on this subject. I do not have any lumps to my knowledge . Is there anyone out there with the same thing? Everything i read leads to breast cancer. I must stop googling! What other thing could this be? Any help will be appreciated.  Thank you.xx

Hi Aquariusgirl,

Waiting for appointments is the pits & unfortunately, there’s no magic wand, but we do get through it.

It’s good you’ve been referred as only the breast clinic can get to the bottom of it.

It’s not possible to conjecture on what it might be, however, for any breast change bc is the least likely reason for it.

You’re right about google, apart from encouraging people to get symptoms checked out, it will not give you an answer as any search will lead to bc when mostly it’s not, so creating a whole load of anxiety which often is unnecessary.

There’s nothing more you can do now, so it can help to carry on as normal & keep busy until the appointment.

ann x