cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for reassurance after vaccum biospy

10 REPLIES 10
Dj43

Re: Looking for reassurance after vaccum biospy

They told me at the results of my biopsy. Said itd be surgery first then the pathology from that would determine treatment but likely to be chemo. So when I went back 2 weeks after surgery it just confirmed what we knew. Was that your biopsy results they gave you on Monday? Was it at the breast clinic, usually they give you a contact number of a breast nurse, if you have questions you should phone them. Maybe they need more information first so will arrange the mastectomy first and then do the full pathology of the breast then.

I'd phone for done clarification if I were you do you're not left wondering for 3 or 4 weeks.

chellou

Aww I'm thinking of you, sending you my love. I hope chemo goes well 

Did you find out it was triple negative after the surgery or before? 

I haven't been told any names or grades as of yet, she said we can discuss everything the beginning of January. 

Xxx

Dj43

Well, if it's not going to happen for a couple of weeks then try to enjoy your Christmas and worry about things afterwards.

I had a wide excision lumpectomy done mid November. Went well thankfully, starting chemo tomorrow as mine was triple negative and aggressive. So although they are a certain as they can be that they got it all out, there's a high risk of recurrence so chemo n radiotherapy afterwards to try to prevent that happening.

So just have to keep on keeping on and get over each hurdle one at a time.xx

chellou

Hi thank you so much for your reply,

5 weeks in, I'm sorry you're having to go tjrougthrough this also. 

Im just feeling about numb and trying to stick my head in the sand. I don't know if that's the right way or not. 

They've said i Need a Masectomy but because of the holidays it'll be in the middle of January. They don't know if I'll need chemo until all tissue has been removed and sent to pathology . I've asked for both removed but have to wait for my genetic testing to come back. We have bracca1 gene within my close family.

How are you after your news do you have a plan in place? 

Xxx

@Dj43 wrote:

Oh I'm sorry it wasn't the news you were hoping for.xx

This is the worst time, you Will be completely overwhelmed by it all but just know that you will get through this difficult period, you will get a plan in place with your team and start to feel like things aren't so dark.

I'm only 5 weeks from diagnosis myself and already feeling much more positive.  

Feel free to message me at any time.

You'll find lots of support on here, post on the newly diagnosed forum and you'll find lots of people at the same stage in the game as you are.

Have they discussed the plan with you yet, surgery or treatment first??

Dj43

Oh I'm sorry it wasn't the news you were hoping for.xx

This is the worst time, you Will be completely overwhelmed by it all but just know that you will get through this difficult period, you will get a plan in place with your team and start to feel like things aren't so dark.

I'm only 5 weeks from diagnosis myself and already feeling much more positive.  

Feel free to message me at any time.

You'll find lots of support on here, post on the newly diagnosed forum and you'll find lots of people at the same stage in the game as you are.

Have they discussed the plan with you yet, surgery or treatment first??

chellou

Hi just to update i got diagnosed todat with cancer xx

chellou

Thankyou so much, 

I hope chemo goes the best it can be. 

I really will 😘😘

Xxx

@Dj43 wrote:

Everyone's treatment will be different based on what type of breast cancer, they may opt for chemo first to reduce the tumour (s) then surgery either lumpectomy or mastectomy. In my case I had lumpectomy first and I start chemo this week.

It's entirely up to you who you tell and how much you tell them.  For me, I have a 19yr old and a 13yr old and I was very anxious about telling them and having them upset and worried. I waited a week to tell them and couldn't eat for the worry. Once I told them I felt much better and they handled it much better than I expected.

Wait to see what your biopsy results are first, as I say. One step at a time is all you can do or you'll drive yourself crazy with worry.

Let me know how you get on.xx

Dj43

Everyone's treatment will be different based on what type of breast cancer, they may opt for chemo first to reduce the tumour (s) then surgery either lumpectomy or mastectomy. In my case I had lumpectomy first and I start chemo this week.

It's entirely up to you who you tell and how much you tell them.  For me, I have a 19yr old and a 13yr old and I was very anxious about telling them and having them upset and worried. I waited a week to tell them and couldn't eat for the worry. Once I told them I felt much better and they handled it much better than I expected.

Wait to see what your biopsy results are first, as I say. One step at a time is all you can do or you'll drive yourself crazy with worry.

Let me know how you get on.xx

chellou

Thank you so much, sorry for the late reply. I somehow never recieved a notification. 

Your advice is right anything better is a bonus. I just hoped maybe they had to tell everyone the worst case scenario.

I suppose they see it daily and know what is normal and not. 

I really hope toureyou're well after your diagnosis and treatment is going well.

I only have a couple more days to wait. Trying to keep busy. 

Im curious to know if it is BC what is the next step? Ie more tests or treatment. If it is BC how easily do you think i can hide it from others? Is it even possible. I'd rather not worry anyone. Especially with christmas approaching 

Lots of love xxx

Dj43

Hi,

The waiting is the worst!! You imagine the worst case scenarios constantly I was worse once I got my results because even though the radiologist said it looked suspicious I didn't quite believe it so when my results confirmed cancer I was devastated.  

But, like everyone told me, You get through that. so I'd say prepare yourself for the results they said to expect and anythingt better is a bonus.  If it is BC then they'll deal with it , cross one bridge at a time. The fact they've said it's the best one must mean it's very treatable, so bear that in mind before you convince yourself this is the beginning of the end.

And on a practical level, yes you can shower with paper stitches.

Xxx

chellou

Looking for reassurance after vaccum biospy

Hi everyone, 

im 35 have a family history of both ovarian and breast cancer we have the bracca 1 gene. (Im awaiting testing) i found a little ridge a few months ago thought nothing of it. Over the minths it developed into a fixed lump that couldn't be picked up or moved. I've had cyst in the past so i left it longer than i should! I finally went my gp and was referred to the breast clinic, sden the doctor who was concerned drew around the lump. Had a mammogram and ultrasound done. Was told i had alot of micro calcifications in all different areas of my breast and that they where highly likely to be BC, at best ore cancer. They said that if it BC its the best one to have, i think we'd rather not have any. I was told if need surgery but a biopsy has to be taken to meet guidelines for surgery. I've had a vacuum core biopsy yesterday and its the waiting that's driving me crazy. They said they got a great biopsybiopsy  My results aren't till the 10th. I think what i need to know is has anyone been told its likely BC an its not been? And what is the best BC to have, if there was ever one to have. 

Thank you so much for listening to my rambling. Xx also does anyone know if i can shower with butterfly stitches? Xx