Looking for reassurance after vaccum biospy

Hi everyone, 

im 35 have a family history of both ovarian and breast cancer we have the bracca 1 gene. (Im awaiting testing) i found a little ridge a few months ago thought nothing of it. Over the minths it developed into a fixed lump that couldn’t be picked up or moved. I’ve had cyst in the past so i left it longer than i should! I finally went my gp and was referred to the breast clinic, sden the doctor who was concerned drew around the lump. Had a mammogram and ultrasound done. Was told i had alot of micro calcifications in all different areas of my breast and that they where highly likely to be BC, at best ore cancer. They said that if it BC its the best one to have, i think we’d rather not have any. I was told if need surgery but a biopsy has to be taken to meet guidelines for surgery. I’ve had a vacuum core biopsy yesterday and its the waiting that’s driving me crazy. They said they got a great biopsybiopsy  My results aren’t till the 10th. I think what i need to know is has anyone been told its likely BC an its not been? And what is the best BC to have, if there was ever one to have. 

Thank you so much for listening to my rambling. Xx also does anyone know if i can shower with butterfly stitches? Xx

Hi,

The waiting is the worst!! You imagine the worst case scenarios constantly I was worse once I got my results because even though the radiologist said it looked suspicious I didn’t quite believe it so when my results confirmed cancer I was devastated.  

But, like everyone told me, You get through that. so I’d say prepare yourself for the results they said to expect and anythingt better is a bonus.  If it is BC then they’ll deal with it , cross one bridge at a time. The fact they’ve said it’s the best one must mean it’s very treatable, so bear that in mind before you convince yourself this is the beginning of the end.

And on a practical level, yes you can shower with paper stitches.

Xxx