Looks like cancer but 1st biopsy benign

I know the only answer is to wait for results of 2nd biopsy on 11th may but thought writing it down may help me work out how I am feeling…

Long story - ended up at breast clinic as I found a lump which I thought from how it felt and hurt was a cyst ( have very lumpy breasts so used to them) i was right and had a large syringe of fluid taken off. Dr checked rest of breast ticking of other cysts and then said thats not a cyst need to do biopsy. So had mammo and biopsy- saw Dr in clinic who made it very clear it was cancer and that we would discuss treatment when biopsy results back.
Got results back yesterday as benign which has surprised team as the only thing it looks like is cancer- asked Dr who admitted if it’s not cancer don’t know what it is. Have had 2nd biopsy from wider area and go back next week. Have been told if 2nd biopsy still benign then will discuss either watch and wait or removal of lump . Now don’t know what think - it’s going to be a very long week of waiting.

Lai67

Hello and welcome to the forum.

The good news is that they are being really thorough, which is what you want so that they can be confident of letting you go knowing that it is not bc.

this is the worst time the waiting not knowing but hopefully you have some nice stuff planned over the bank holiday weekend which help the time to go quickly.

Let us know how you get on next week if you want to

Helena x

So results are back and it is bc- actually feel better with definate diagnosis- thanks to every one who posts on these forums- actually felt I understood what Dr was saying having done a bit of reading on here.
Good news Is that they ok’d my holiday first so off to kos tomorrow for 2 wks before everything starts - which I am completely unorganized for as spent most of last 3 weeks waiting so today eill be manic which helps.

Lal