cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mammogram worry

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Mammogram worry

Thank you so much and wow what wonderful news! I hope you are going to drink a lot of champagne tonight xx

Highlighted

There is a lot of waiting and I know this is easy to say and hard to do but the best approach is to accept there are things you can do nothing about so go with the flow and worry when/if you have been told there’s something to worry about. Most lumps are not breast cancer and, if you’re unlucky, there’s a high recovery rate from breast cancer. I was diagnosed 16 months ago (no obvious lumps) and there are long periods of waiting. But they have to be certain of the data so they can provide tailor-made treatment. And even the most neurotic and phobic people like me get through it. So, if it is bad news, it really isn’t the end of everything, believe me. 

Thanks for asking. I had the all clear just over a week ago - yippee, woo-hoo, hurrah, whatever is joyous 🙂 

Meantime, NO GOOGLE, no prodding, just get some earphones and tune into YouTube - Progressive Hypnosis’s Manifest Healing. She’ll help you unwind a little. Best of luck tomorrow x

Highlighted

Thanks so much for replying. I just can't believe I didn't notice this lump until 2 weeks ago as it feels the size of a golf ball now! Got all the bad signs ie jagged, hard, painless, immovable. Waiting is pure torture. Hope you are doing ok now though x

Highlighted

Hi Rosie

If it’s any consolation, I couldn’t massage my arm etc after surgery for fear I’d dislodge cancer cells that might still be around but apparently it doesn’t work like that. They wouldn’t do a mammogram if there were any risk like that, so rest assured on that point.

If you see this in time, why not ring the nurses at the number above so they can reassure you today. Otherwise, please raise your concern with the radiographer tomorrow before they do the mammogram. They will explain and reassure- I hope. Good luck x

Highlighted

Mammogram worry

Hi - I have been referred urgently with a large hard lump and have my breast clinic appt tomorrow. I. Worried about having a mammogram as if it is cancer wouldn't the pressure spread the cancer cells?