Multiple lumps in both breasts with clear nipple discharge

Hi there, 

I am a first time poster, 33 mom of two, aged 5 and 21 months. I was breastfeeding my youngest until March 2021. A few months after I stopped breastfeeding I noticed that my right breast would discharge clear liquid spontaneously, and recall feeling some tender lumps in both breasts. I dismissed this as residual clogged milk ducts or hormonal excretions after breastfeeding. It was enough discharge to wet like a 2x3cm area of a t shirt or bra. This continued on and off for months and I foolishly continued to think it was related to breastfeeding. I also thought I was just imagining the lumps and maybe it was muscle tissue. Now 1 yr 3 months later, I just got it checked out by my family doctor who has sent me for a scan. He’s confirmed that there are lumps in both breasts at least 3 in the right and 2 in the left. This has brought on a slew of negative thoughts and fear for the worst. I can’t stop thinking about my children growing up without me and this terrifies me more than the thought of dying. I am frightful for the time I have lost in diagnosing this and frightful for the results. I guess I am posting this because I want to know if anyone else has had similar symptoms and what was your story like? 

i am also posting in hopes that you will remind your friends and families to take any symptom seriously and it is better to be safe than sorry, especially if you are a breastfeeding mom. My own paternal aunt  had BC, and a mastectomy  when I was 8 yo and I didn’t even clue in to consider that the lumps and discharge could’ve been breast cancer. I just kept thinking it was breastfeeding related… 

warm and positive thoughts and  to all who are awaiting results. It’s hard not to spin but cherish every moment you can with your loved ones. 

I should also add the lumps become more prominent with my period and seem to subside when my period ends. I have gone through a rollercoaster of self diagnosis as I’m sure many on this forum have. I really thought it was symptomatic of fibroadenoma but realize that nipple discharge is not a classic symptom of that. I have discharge mostly from the right breast but just this week for the first time noticed discharge from the left. Hoping to hear if there are similar folks.