My first lump

I discovered a painless small elongated hard ridge like lump 4 o’clock position on my right breast on Wednesday. It doesn’t move about. Went to doctor on Thursday and he said it felt fibrous but as there is a family history he red flagged my referral to hospital. He said he didnt think it was anything to worry about but i wonder was he just saying that? Appointment is Wednesday for the one stop clinic where they will do mammogram, scan and needle biopsy if needed. I have no history of lumps and i am 39. I’m so worried. I’m hoping it is a fibroadenoma or cyst. I know this lump is not normal. I’ve known my boobs a long time and there has been general business but never a hard lump. I am sick with worry.

Bumpiness not business ?

Hi, I know how worrying this is, about 5 years ago it happened to me and luckily, it did turn out to be a fibroadenoma & cyst and they decided not to do anything about them apart from regular checks, hopefully on Wednesday they will be able to put your mind at rest, easier said than done but try not to worry xx please let me know how you get on