Nervous and a long wait

I went in for a routine mammogram and was told I needed a follow up diagnostic mammogram.  After 5 more images after the first 4, the radiologist warned me that my left breast had a spiculated hypoechoic 2.16 RAD 5 lesion on my left breast which was highly suspicious and a focal right breast architectural distortion.  When asked, he said 90% sure left was cancer while only 30%-40% sure in right.  

I have to wait 2 weeks for a biopsy because they need to do a biopsy in both.  should I try to break up the appointment to try to get in faster for the left?  How likely it is that he’s right?  Should I prepare for the worst?  The radiologist and ultrasound tech made it sound like it would be positive.  Gave me tissues and said at least it was caught early? 

Any advice you all have would be appreciated.  Thanks y’all.

So sorry you are having to go through this , lots of us here who understand .Nothing is certain til they get the biopsy results , I don’t want to give you false hope but there are definitely ladies on the forum who’ve been scared witless and then been given the all clear . I was the opposite they told me they were not overly concerned but did biopsy as a precaution and found invasive cancer so until you get those results it’s all up in the air . The waiting is appalling ,torture . If you op for just one biopsy I think unfortunately they will not agree a treatment plan ( if it is cancer )until they have biopsied your other breast .

Hi

I’m guessing you’re not in the UK? In the NHS, radiologists and radiographers are not supposed to make a diagnosis or even give you a heads up. You only have cancer if your consultant tells you so. 

This information you’ve been given sounds very unsettling and you may well have breast cancer but you won’t know till all the tests have been done. Two weeks sounds endless - but try to rid yourself of the image of malignant cells running rampant and wreaking havoc in that time. Most cancers are slow moving! Use this time to work on building up resilience in case you need it. Mindfulness, meditation, running, baking - whatever keeps your mind on a level plain/plane. I still use meditation videos on YouTube. This is a worrying time for you as you’ve been given what you believe are facts before the facts are confirmed. That’s not to denigrate the radiologist. His suspicions may be right but for now, that’s what they should be - suspicions.

I hope things run smoothly for you but, honestly, there is no rush in most cases. Take care of yourself xx