Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie worried sick.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Newbie worried sick.

Hi Saz,

Just wanted to second Jill's comments that loads of breast lumps turn out to be due to relatively harmless non-bc causes, such as cysts. You have however done the right thing contacting your GP and being referred.

Not sure quite what your hospital thinking is re the telephone consultation, as Jill says it may be related to prioritising, or, is it possible they also want to ask a few questions to check out whether anyone referred is also displaying any symptoms or has had close contact with anyone with covid19, just so they can time visits to the breast clinic to reduce risks at the hospital (for both patients and medical staff)?

Try to take one day at a time and distract yourself. And do confide in a friend, preferably one who is both understanding and relatively calm (not prone to panic).     

XX Seabreeze

Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: Newbie worried sick.

Hi ,it's not a great time to have any additional health worries is it - everything is so much more complicated .I know a lot of people have been referred straight to the breast clinic by their GP if they have a lump as most GPs are not doing face to face consultations and therefore not able to assess how concerning a lump may be by examination .Im presuming therefore ( I don't know for sure ) that some breast clinics are doing telephone appointments initially to screen who should be seen most urgently ? There is no certain way to establish what a lump is without the help of examination /scans etc so I'm sure you will be seen if they think that's needed . Try and hold onto the fact that the vast majority of breast lumps are not breast cancer - if you look at other threads in this section you will see lots of people reporting back that after investigation other non sinister explanations have been found for their lumps .Let us know how things work out .Jill x

Highlighted

Newbie worried sick.

Hello. I am new here. I found a lump on Monday night, visited my GP Tuesday and they have done a 2 week referral to the breast clinic. Due to the current COVID-19 situation they are not seeing me in person, and will do an over the telephone appointment.

I am so worried, I'm not eating or sleeping properly due to it all. 

Has anyone ever had there first appointment done over the phone. I completely understand it just don't see how they will be able to determine anything. 

Thanks for taking the time do read. 

X