7 REPLIES 7
Spottycotty

Re: Newbie

Thankyou, I will ring Monday then. 

ladybowler
Community Champion

Spottycotty

I think I would be inclined to call the breast clinic on Monday and some clarification on why it will take so long to have the results.  I know when I had mine they gave me a further apt for the following week to get my results. 

Paulus

I hope someone else might step in on this thread, who might have different experiences - I can only tell you my story. Again, I wish you all the best.x

Spottycotty

Ok, thanks Paulus, I haven’t seen a consultant yet, just nurses and the ultrasound lady then back to the nurses..

I might try and ring next week then.

Thanks for your replies, I really appreciate it x

Paulus

Good morning, I very much doubt that you would get any answers over the phone from the nurses, but maybe others will come on here and say otherwise if they have different experiences?

If it were myself, I think I would phone, aim to speak to a BC nurse, tell her how worried you are about such a vague diagnosis from the ultrasound department, and can you either have a doctor get back to you at a convenient time, or an earlier appointment so that you can come in and ask about what is happening, and what to expect at this next appointment?  My final port of call at the one-stop shop appointment was to find myself back with the consultant who I saw at the beginning of the appointment, to be told the outcome of the procedures?  That is why I was there for almost 4 hours I guess - a London hospital - where it was consultant - mammo - further mammo - ultrasound - biopsy - consultant.  

I hope others might come on and then maybe it will clarify different set-ups ?  I am wary of comparing how different clinics and hospitals set up their procedures - but I am relating to your post from your perspective, and thinking how I would feel if it were me? xx

Spottycotty

Hiya,

thanks so much for replying,

I too thought 3 weeks was a long time but just accepted this was just normal procedure? 

I might try and ring next week then. Do you think they would tell me over the phone if they do have results there?

also, what questions should I ask?!?

Paulus

Hello and sorry you find yourself among us - it's a wonderful supportive forum, but of course not one of us wanted to be here.

I am sorry that you have to wait - that seems a long time to be left in limbo, and I am wondering if you can't contact a Breast Cancer nurse at the clinic, and see if you can get a little more help or guidance?  I only have my own personal experience to go by, and last year when I discovered my 'lump' then the one-stop-shop appointment gave me an answer on the day, in terms of getting things moving for me?  Maybe others will come here and say otherwise, but almost 3 weeks seems a long time to be told nothing except to brace yourself?

I truly wish you all the best.

Spottycotty

Hi there everyone, 

I’m new here, found a lump in my right breast 3 weeks ago, I went to the breast clinic yesterday, had a mammogram, ultrasound and a biopsy.

the ultrasound lady told me that what she saw wasn’t normal and we would have to do something about it and to prepare myself.

my appointment is 16th May.

we are due to pay the outstanding balance for our summer holiday 6th May so feel like everything has stopped and I’m in limbo!

im very calm about it all and just feel sad and sorry for those around me really. 

Thanks for listening