Off to the breast clinic this morning - worried

Morning,

I’m new to the site but just wanted to post somewhere. So i found a lump in my right breast just over 3 weeks ago. I noticed it because my breast was tender. I waited to see if it was due to my cycle, but the lump didn’t dissapear however the tenderness did. The doctor referred me to the breast clinic and my appointment is this morning.

I’ve managed to keep myself busy, but last night i just couldn’t shake the feeling that i’m going to get bad news. The tenderness has come back amd the lump feels small and smooth but very hard. Everything i’ve read says cysts tend to be squishy so i’m now in a massive panic, and am expecting to have to have a biopsy this morning.

I have 2 young children and i can’t look atthem without getting upset at the moment. Just wish it was lunchtime already as have a feeling its going to be a long day.

No point to this post really, just wanted to get it out somewhere.

Hiya, 

I’m sorry you have this hanging over you and especially with little ones to try and keep normal around, it was hard enough for me and mine were grown ups. You’ve done all the right things and today is just another hurdle to get through, the chances of walking away with the all clear are high but whatever happens you will be treated kindly and with compassion at the clinic, they aim to try and give you answers today but if a biopsy is needed then it will be a week or so wait, a biopsy does not mean they think it is cancer just that they can’t 100% tell you right now that it isn’t and they won’t let you go away with an all clear if they can’t say for certain. 

Weve all been been through it here and have plenty of support and experience between us if you need to come back, all the best Xx