Paget’s disease?

Hi all,
I hope someone can help ease my frantic brain from being in constant overdrive!! I’m a 33 year old mother to an amazing 3 year old small human - for the past 6 months I’ve been suffering with, for want of a better word - a scabby nipple. I have small circle scabs almost like dry skin or cuts that have healed? I’ve tried all sorts of creams but nothing would shif it so took myself to the Drs who scared the life out of me and said it could be Paget’s and referred me for an urgent 2 week appointment.
Amazing care and support I was seen by a consultant 8 days later (today) the consultant was some what flippant and was sure ‘it’s nothing’ she examined me for lumps - none found which was a relief as it confirmed what I thought! She then however said she would do a punch biopsy of my nipple even though she knew it would come back clear? I’m really confused as I understood they only told a biopsy if paget’s was suspected?
I know none of you can tell me one way or the other and I apologise in advance for my rambling but my head is running away with me, especially as I’ve never heard of Paget’s or known it to be a form of BC. I know it’s obviously something as it’s only one nipple and no creams are working, I’m going slightly insane waiting to know. I was told I’d be informed by letter of my results and an appointment for 8 weeks time follow up was made, so this in itself would suggest they’re not concerned?
Thank you to you if you’ve stuck with this rambling and made it through the post, also I’m very sorry for moaning on, I’m well aware I’ve nothing to moan about, it’s just the uncertainty and waiting - I can’t seem to think of anything but having cancer and I’m terrified.

Hi, 

Please don’t apologise, we are here to help and all understand how you are feeling right now. A lot of us leave the clinics feeling even more confused than when we went in, it’s all a shock and we don’t ask the things we wish we had done.

They cannot tell you for absolute certain that there is nothing wrong when there is a clear issue with your nipple so they really did the right thing doing a biopsy. Did you have an mammogram and or an ultrasound ? 

Breast cancer isn’t always about lumps, it’s good that nothing obvious could be felt but at least an ultrasound should have been done.

8 weeks is a long time to wait but if the results came back showing cancer you will be told sooner, I would suggest giving the clinic a ring after Christmas and asking for some more clarity on when the results will be back and when a letter or phone call should be expected, you have every right to know these things so don’t be fobbed off. 

I can’t tell you not to worry as I know it’s easier said than done but I can assure you worry changes nothing, it’s is what it is and no amount of stressing will change that. You are on your way to finding out but until you know anything for certain then keep positive, most things investigated at the clinics turn out to be nothing to worry about and you have a high chance of being given the all clear, dig deep and get back to enjoying what’s left of Christmas with your family Xx 

I’m so sorry to read your story. I do hope that you’ve finally been given a proper diagnosis and that treatment is under way. I’m due to have a mastectomy at the beginning of May as a result of  Paget’s Disease…I had a lumpectomy 11 years ago for DCIS so am better prepared against the shock. It must be very worrying for you at your age with small children. Please feel free to get in touch if you need a shoulder xx