Petrified

So I’ve been to the breast clinic today and got seen very quickly.

The initial assessment was done and the lady said she wasn’t concerned but would send me for an ultrasound, she said it felt different when I was lying down to standing up, she also said it is mobile which is good.

So then the ultrasound, they were lovely checked over the area and although she wasn’t concerned as she wasn’t sure she would do a core biopsy, which to be fair other than some blood and soreness after was straight forward.

She mentioned fibrous tissue but has recorded a lump or area of 7mm on the notes, I asked her was it like my fibrous tissue in my upper quadrant and she said it was different to the other tissue in my breast and that was it.

I went back into see the other lady who confirmed a ten day wait for the results. She was suprised she did an ultrasound as she thought it would be confirmed as nothing. She said they hadn’t put any concern or serious notes on the paperwork and she said the majority come back benign but obvs couldn’t confirm this.

If the doctor wasn’t sure how can she be sure it’s nothing serious?

I’m ill at the thought of it all.

I’m 36 and have no history in the family but after reading stories it means nothing.

Sick of lumps, there’s always a lump somewhere

Also they gave me an appointment for 10 days time to go back to the hospital for my results. If it was nothing to worry about wouldn’t they just give me a phone call appointment?

Hi Emma, How I remember the sickening feeling of walking out after a biopsy knowing I had a torturous wait for results, it’s awful and you will feel sick and anxious but they are right in telling you that the majority come back benign because they do.

They have an idea of what they are seeing and feeling and certainly would tell you if they thought it was cancerous so equally they will tell you if they expect it to come back clear , of course they don’t always get it right but they have a pretty good idea so I would take some comfort from this, they biopsy if they can’t be be certain it’s just procedure to do so and does not mean you have cancer. 

They like to give results face to face in case it’s bad news but may call you sooner if results come back benign, I’ve known this happen on many occasions and quite recently to my friends mother in law.

Just hang in there, nothing you can do other than wait now, it’s not easy but dig deep and the days will pass Xx Jo  

Thanks for the reassurance it means a great deal. I’ve had an obsession with a fear of cancer from my 20’s and it doesn’t get any better as you get older. Hoping to one day not be afraid as I am

Does anyone know if it’s normal to bruise over the following days after the biopsy. Mines gotten worse since Thursday. The colour it is turning is awful.

Don’t worry Emma, bruising is quite usual after biopsy & it will continue to come out a bit afterwards.
ann x

Thanks Ann, much appreciated. I’ll stop worrying about that as well as. I’m so terrible with stuff like this

Thanks Sunflower. Yeah I have got a more noticeable lump. I’m hoping that everything is fine. The doctor and nurse weren’t concerned but it still makes you wonder why take a biopsy then.

It’s better to be absolutely sure, Emma although of course, we would rather not have to go through it. They are just being thorough, that’s all.
I was told at the breast clinic that they have to be absolutely sure what the diagnosis is. The biopsy will do this, mostly it’s not bc.
ann x

Just to add, they have to ensure bc is excluded as a reason for any breast change. x

Yes completely makes sense. I guess if I put myself in their shoes I would probably end up giving every body one as I’d worry I miss something. This day an age aswell there is so much backlash and they won’t want to miss any stone unturned. They were really lovely at the clinic

Aw that must have been awful for you. I went to the new balance shop for a better sports bra than the ones I have to help. I exercise most days and went the day after the biopsy, which probably wasn’t my cleverest idea.

I think this bruise is gonna be here for a good few weeks. My boobs are saggy at the bottom from two pregnancoe and breast feeding so the biopsy was taken in the lower left boob and it’s so uncomfortable where I sag.

If it comes back ok then I can’t complain as it’s a little to go through to get reassurance.

Hope all worked out ok with you AnnieJ

Just curious if anyone has experienced this or not. When I felt my lump before my appointment on a couple of occasions I swear it kind of changed shape and feel the more I prodded as if it became less distinguishable.

Also the nurse who felt it at the clinic said that it felt different from me sitting up to lying down. She made a comment about feeling my ribs.

Any ideas or thoughts?

So it’s the first time I’ve gone to press the area since by biopsy a week ago. I knew there was a lump there,most likely a hematoma, along with an horrendous bruise.

The weird thing is I can’t feel any of the lump tissue I felt before,I know it will be a little swollen in that area but it’s rather odd.

Just got back from the hospital. The biopsy came back benign. I have fibrocystic tissue and they have discharged me. I have never been more relieved in my life.

To all you wonderful people who support each other on here, I hope what ever your outcome you all get the support and help you need. I’ll be thinking of you all through your journeys.

Xx

No problem. It wouldn’t feel right not coming to tell you guys. You have been very kind and supportive to me.

I’ll be going forward with a better understanding for sure.

Xx