Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Triple Biopsy...anyone else?

21 REPLIES 21

Re: Post Triple Biopsy...anyone else?

Glad to hear it, and yes I will take it easy. Thanks 

Community Champion

Take it one step at a time - hopefully you will never have to cross that bridge 🤞🤞I am doing ok thanks - not been the easiest 4 years - lots of bumps in the road but hopefully moving forward .

You'd know how it feels then. My lads doing well in exams, more next year. Haven't told him about this. Not sure what I'd say if results not in my favour. I don't want anything to ruin his chances. It's just me alone, dog an him. He a quiet lad, young for his years, gifted in science. I guess I'm thinking ahead to much. I cross bridges when they come. Sorry to hear you have "agro" as I call it. Nuisance, at least I do venture out if desperate. Years ago I was housebound. Anyhow I mustn't complain. Since I've been on here I count myself lucky so far. Are you over the worst so to speak. Forgive me but I'm not recalling if I've read your diagnosis. Hope your kid is doing ok too. X many thanks for the chat btw. X

Community Champion

I have suffered from agoraphobia and I still find appointments hard - well

done for going and grit your teeth for the results appt - you can do it .My son was doing A/S levels when I was diagnosed 4 years ago .

Hi Jill1988. Yes the waiting is hard. But now I found this site and shared etc, I feel more in control. My kids doing A levels so I have to stay grounded. I'm bipolar/ aniexty so I have to watch my stress levels. Worst part is actually going to appointments as I have mild agrophbia. But I did go this time for recall. Few years back I had a lump for a year before I got to go. All was ok after surgical removal. I will defenilty post back post results. I feel it's only fair to do and I may help someone also. I will be glad to get all clear but will miss you ladies. X

Community Champion

The waiting is very hard and you would much rather have an early appointment than wait all day.Try and keep busy .Whatever news you get you will deal with it and it is actually a relief when you know what you is going on - whatever the results .A lot of people who get a  positive outcome don't come back on the forum so please come and share if you get good news also .

Hi Jill1988, how nice of you too take time to ask. 6th of June. They called today actually. Had to change time to 3pm. Wanted it morning, but hey ho. Yes the waiting is tricky. Mind you, I'm actually calmer now. I got so fizzy, I'm all flat now, so that's good. Looking on here has helped alot. I'm so grateful for all the reply and nurses help even though I'm only " waiting". I feel prepared a little now for the day, should I need to ask anything. I hope you're ok at present to. X I will post my progress.

Community Champion

Hi Flossyadams ,how are you doing ? When do you get your results ? The waiting is awful isn't it ? 

Hi Fierce, do hope your ok. Understand if you not up to chat. No doubt results day took all your energise. Here if you need a shoulder. X

Night Fierce. Praying today's results were given too you ok, and not cancelled. X here for you whatever the outcome. 

Hi Fierce thinking of you today. Been sending positive vibes your way. Truly hope you be ok. I won't expect a quick reply whatever your news as either way, you'll be exhausted and drained I'm sure,  even good news needs absorbing. Xx extra virtual hugs.

Hugs back Fierce. Thinking of you. Night. Chat soon. Xx

Hi Fierce,  hope your "smurfboob) ok. I think I'll call mine betty! Hope your doing ok. I'm in and out of super ok, to super concerned,  but accepting that's ok too. X

Hi Fierce,  glad swelling down. Yes blue and yellow is the look of the day on mine to. Blimmey 12 weeks !, we are lucky then. I will be praying for you daily. No doubt either way you'll need time to digest even good news. I know I will. Are you going alone? I been keep busy to, and then when fearful come on here, seems to help. I had a shallow bath with tea tree drops today, and washed my below hip length hair, so that cheered me up. I'm going to take a pen and paper, and on this site is a list of questions we can ask then or later. We can also ask for pathology report too, which I haven't before. I'm gonna ask even if it's clear. I will keep in touch. Thanks for reply x

Hi. I'm getting my results on Wednesday the 29th yes. I'm literally counting the hours till then. So I can imagine you must feel that the 6th of June is ages away.  I've been keeping as busy as possible.  But I do know that not so many years back, women were waiting 12 weeks for their results. Can you imagine!  Thankfully we don't have that kind of wait.    My swelling has gone down a bit and I've taken some paracetamol.  But my breast is very blue.  I've been calling it my 'smurf boob'.

Thanks for the after-care info. I'll google it. 

All the best

keep in contact. Xxxxx

Hi, yes we did have em the same day. I'm getting results 6 June, feels ages away. Yours are before this? 29th?, sorry I can't rember from other posts. My pain has gone now. How's the swelling. Shame you had no booklet. If you Google after care it's same info or look round here. Xx

Hi Flossyadams

Thank you so much for your reply.  I see we had our biopsies on the same day.  When are you getting your results?   Is that a biopsy aftercare booklet you were mentioning? I didn't get one.  Hope you are feeling alright.

Lots of love Xxx

Gosh, I would never have guessed that biopsy would cause more bruising than surgery.  Thanks for the information. Xxxx

Hello Jill1998

Thank you so much for your reply. I'm definitely less swollen and sore today thankfully.

All the best Xxxx

Hi Fierce, hope this finds you less swollen. I had roughly the same procedure last week. It was rather painful, but feels better today. I had it done 23 Thurs, took dressing off last night, after a light shower, left 2nd small covers in place. I am not too swollen. Did you get a booklet 're aftercare? There is a number to call if you are concerned. Do call and put your mind at rest. No heavy lifting. Hope you got some sleep. Keep us posted. X 

Community Champion

Yes -I would say it is normal - I got more bruising and pain from my biopsy than from the op itself ! Good luck with your results .

Post Triple Biopsy...anyone else?

Hi Everyone

On Thursday the 23rd I had a rapid clinic appointment.  I had a triple biopsy on my left breast.  Will get results on Wednesday the 29th May.

My breast is now quite bruised.  They told me at the clinic that it would be. But it's also quite swollen and bigger than the other. It's the 26th now.  I still haven't taken the plasters off.   Not sure if I should. I might go to my surgery and ask them to do it.  

Can any one tell me whether it's normal for my breast to swell quite a bit???

Best wishes to All Xxxxx