Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions to ask at breast clinic?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Questions to ask at breast clinic?

Hi Kerry, 

Just wanted to ask how you got on at your appointment?

xx

Highlighted

Thanks Jill. I think I’ll take him and see what they say and write down what they say. Kerry

Highlighted
Community Champion

I don't think you are allowed to take anyone in which is hard .They may tell you they suspect cancer, where it is and approx how big and do a biopsy but you wouldn't get more information than that at the initial visit .If it's not cancer they might be able to give you information about any treatment needed and why .

Highlighted

Hi, sorry, it’s for initial investigations, though I’ve learnt that sometimes they can tell you at the first appointment their findings. It’s a one-stop-clinic. I was hoping to take my husband, in case they tell me another bad - is this not allowed?  Kerry

Highlighted
Community Champion

Kerry is the appointment for initial investigations or for results ? In the past I would have said take someone with you to ask questions and note things down but this is not possible at the moment with Covid restrictions .You could ask them to write down the main points or take a note pad yourself ? 

Highlighted

Questions to ask at breast clinic?

Hi, I have my appointment at the breast clinic on Wednesday. I can see me coming away and not remembering anything they’ve said (memory like a sieve) and also don’t know what I should be asking (mind keeps going blank).  Can anyone please tell me what I should ask?  Thank you. 
Kerry