cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-call to radiology

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Re-call to radiology

Glad you are through it and it all went very well. The fact she told you there were no calcifications seen is very good. Hopefully there will be nothing else showing up in the samples. I'm glad they are following you up with another appointment as it can be very hard to wait and just get a cold letter. Chin up and try to feel positive, the news so far is still good and hopefully will stay that way. 

xx

Highlighted

Had my second biopsy yesterday. Although I was told it would be in the radiology department it was actually in the breast clinic as before. It was so quick this time and they took 3 samples and seemed happy they got what they needed.

The lady x-rayed the sample there and then to check for calcifications as she said sometimes it may look like white dots on the ultrasound but they aren't really there, and she said there weren't any in the sample. Is this a good sign?

I have to wait a week for results now. This is the hardest bit.

I worry over everything so the fact they have already given me a face to face appointment for 10th July "just so I don't slip through the net" makes me feel like they know more than they are letting on. Or am I over thinking this and they are just being nice??

L x

Highlighted

Chin up 

x

Highlighted

Thank you so much. 

My follow up biopsy is tomorrow morning, dreading it more than the first one as I now know what happens. But am also pleased to be another step closer to knowing what the lump is.

Thank you for thinking of me. I will update x

Highlighted

You have been in my thoughts all week - how are you?

Highlighted

Hello 

I am sorry you are going through this. I would give your GP a call. They can chase things up from their side. It is not a waste of anyone’s time. 

x

Highlighted

Re-call to radiology

Hi

I posted a couple of weeks ago as the results from my biopsy were inconclusive so I have been referred to radiology for a second biopsy.

I was told the breast clinic like to have the results from this 2 weeks after the first set, which would be this Thursday. However I am still waiting for an appointment from radiology. I suffer from horrible anxiety so picking up the phone is so hard but I have bitten the bullet many times to phone and chase. Most of the time no one answers but the one time they did I was told they can't give me a date yet as they have just resumed the annual mammogram programme and are struggling to fit people in.

I feel so lost and alone. I have been told I have a lump which they can't diagnose and now I'm supposed to just carry on as normal with no end to this uncertainty. I'm only 32 so I'm clinging onto the fact its probably okay but you never know and I just find myself having random panic attacks about it all because no one will see me.

I guess I just need to be patient do I? I considered phoning my doctor to talk to her and see what she can do but I don't know if that would be wasting their time.

Thanks for reading x