cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-called after regular screening

2 REPLIES 2
mgt66

Re: Re-called after regular screening

Thank you Evie. I know from my waiting in the past that those of us in my little support group felt guilty to post that we were okay when others were not. But I think it helps, when you are waiting, to hear some positive stories, or else it looks like all re-calls and biopsies get bad news. Thank you for this wonderful site. It helped me so much to talk to others waiting on results, because it is hard to talk honestly to your family and friends about your fears without stressing them out too. I am thinking of you all who are waiting. Love M.

Evie-S
Community Champion

Re: Re-called after regular screening

@mgt66 - thank you very much for coming back to post such a positive story. I’m so glad your lump turned out benign - it’s always good for everyone to read positive stories, especially those waiting for results at the moment. Evie xx

mgt66

Re-called after regular screening

Hi everyone. I have had a lot of scares and previous surgery (with a terrible family history) and I know how frightening it is to be re-called. The letter doesn't say why you have been re-called, and of course you think the worst. I have used this site before when I was waiting for a biopsy and it made a huge difference to talk to others in the same position. It was such a help to me in the past. I know that those with positive outcomes don't come back that often and so I thought that it might help to post a positive. I went for my call back today fully expecting a biospy at the very least and it was nothing but a cyst - only a totally pain free ultra sound to confirm. I know that I am lucky, (at least today), but please know that it is true when they say a call-back might be nothing. Thinking of you all who are waiting. Love M.