Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral to Breast Clinic - scared!

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted

Re: Referral to Breast Clinic - scared!

Great news 

I’m good thanks, had my biopsy results - it’s confirmed as a benign fibroadenoma so all very relieved here.

lots of love xx

Highlighted

Hi,

I just wanted to let you both know that I went to the breast clinic and they said they couldn't see anything abnormal on the ultrasound - they said hormonal changes. I hope you are both okay xx

Highlighted

Hi Cat,

I was just wondering how you were? xx

Highlighted

That's so good - I bet you must feel so relieved?! My appointment is on Wednesday - surprisingly, because the pain seemed to be very sore before my period, I am feeling okay as I feel that it could be a cyst or something else but I know I can't be sure until I go. I think I will feel more anxious on the day but I am keeping all of my fingers crossed and praying... I haven't even thought about what life could be like if it is bad news - I think I am stopping my mind from going there. I will keep you updated! 

Highlighted

Hi - I’m feeling ok and very positive. The lady who reviewed the mammogram and did the ultrasound and biopsy was very positive and said she is certain it is a fibroadenoma.
I’m a bit sore and bruised from the biopsy but sleeping much better.

how are you both? Xxx 

Highlighted

I'm so glad to hear that! How are you feeling?

I am okay, I have my appointment on Wednesday - still scared but the pain seems to have subsided as I came on my period so I am wondering if it's hormonal - I will find out soon.

Highlighted

Hi Vicki and Cat

Just wanted to update you, had my appt today - I have a cyst that was drained and also a biopsy on what they are certain is a fibroadenoma (benign). 
really hope you are both doing ok xxxx

Highlighted

Same - best of luck for you too - keep us updated xx

Highlighted

Hoping for the best for you - please let us know how it goes xx

Highlighted

Thank you Cat - I’m hoping so too.

please do let me know when you get your results. Will be thinking of you both too xxxx

Highlighted

I’m hoping yours is a simple cyst jo, as that’s what my first one felt like. They just did an ultrasound and sent me home and it slowly went away by its self. 

Highlighted

I don’t mind you asking at all - I’ve only just joined this group and I already feel a bit better 😊

It’s more of an ache and sore, sometimes it feels like it’s throbbing (if that makes sense) - I’m so conscious of it now I know it’s there.
Xxx 

Highlighted

Same, worried sick and it's difficult to not jump to the worst scenario but I am going to try my best to keep my mind off it as much as possible and try not to worry because the stress won't help - whatever it is.

If you don't mind me asking, what sort of pain are you feeling?

Highlighted

I had to go private a couple of years ago about a skin complaint to get anything done, but I’m very pleased they’ve been amazing with this. Septembers crazy when it’s anything to do with breast lumps!

Highlighted

That’s amazing - I would have had to wait until early sept with NHS. They are amazing I know. 💗

Highlighted

I’m super happy with the NHS at the moment, I was worried with covid it would be a super long wait!

i called the doctor about my lump on Monday and I was at the breast clinic having a biopsy yesterday 😱 and results appointment on the 26th. I cannot believe how good and quick they’ve been.

its horrible thinking how many of us are in the same position 😖 but it’s nice we have each other to talk to etc.

i have my moments of sheer panic but I just tell myself it does no good. When my dad was diagnosed with lymphoma a couple of years ago Dr Google told me he was gonna die in 3 months, I googled constantly and worried constantly! He’s now in remission and 3 months away from being classed as cured. It’s taught me not to google and not to dwell on the negatives x 

Highlighted

You sound okay and pretty calm which is good - I should be more like that. I have calmed down a bit and I have even laughed a little this evening at a comedy show but then I go back to thinking the worst - it's goes back and fourth but I am going to keep busy and try and be as positive as possible.

When do you expect to get your results? 

Highlighted

Hi 

I’m in the same position - lucky to have private medical so after seeing GP on Tuesday I’m booked in to breast clinic next Thursday. My 2cm lump has been really painful since I found it last week.

worried sick so know how you feel completely - hugs to you all xxx

Highlighted

I don’t mind you asking anything 😁 
i remember it feeling achey, it didn’t hurt all the time, sometimes I’d get pains shooting through it, and to press on the lump was very tender.

I’m feeling fine and very positive that it’s benign most of the time, then I’ll get the odd wave of thinking it’s cancer. But I actually feel calmer now waiting for the results then I did waiting for the breast clinic appointment, I think it’s cause I know the balls rolling now.

i hate it though! I just want it to be nothing! 
how are you?

Highlighted

Thanks for replying, I appreciate it. It is difficult not to worry, isn't it. The waiting time is so agonising but I am trying to stay calm, not stress too much and to stay away from Google.

How are you feeling? 

Don't suppose you remember what kind of pain your cyst was? I hope that's okay to ask, sorry if not.

Highlighted

As far as I’m aware any breast referral is classed as urgent. It’s standard procedure for you to be seen within 2 weeks.

2yrs ago I went to the breast clinic and got diagnosed with a simple cyst- no treatment needed.

i went back to the breast clinic yesterday as I found author lump, this time it wasn’t a cyst so I had the full works.

it maybe varies hospital to hospital but this happened yesterday;

I went in to see a consultant who felt my breasts and made a mark with pen where the lump was, then I went to see a radiologist who did a ultrasound, she said it’s a solid mass so they needed to do a biopsy.

The biopsy didn’t hurt at all! They numb it first which just was like a normal injection, then they took the biopsies which didn’t hurt at all, felt very weird with pressure but was painless. The noise the biopsy needle makes is a loud click which is abit scary but it is painless. then a bandage on for 2 days. Feels fine today! No problems.

you can also get a titanium chip inserted into the breast so they can find the lump easier if they need to in the future, you get a mammogram to make sure it’s in correctly.

I then went straight back to see the consultant who booked me in for my results appointment in 2 weeks time.
Im 28 years old- it’s scary as hell! 😂 

my first lump I had pain and that was the simple cyst.

this one I have no pain and this is the one that needs checked out.

im not gonna tell you not to painic as it’s impossible not to! However please don’t google loads of stuff! I promise that makes it worse x

Highlighted

Referral to Breast Clinic - scared!

Hi everyone -I guess I am looking for a little support.

A few weeks away, I felt sore in my left breast - it felt tender and bruised - especially when I touch it. I didn't think much of it as I thought it was hormonal but then I felt a lump and the soreness didn't go away after my period. I booked a doctors appointment and spoke to a doctor over the phone - he asked questions and wrote me a prescription for antibiotics as he said it could be a breast infection. After completing the course, the lump is still there and the pain did subside but it's still there. I made another telephone appointment explaining this and the doctor asked me to come in - it was a quick appointment, she felt my breasts and she identified where the lump was, asked me a few more questions and if the pain reduced after the anti-biotics, to which I said it did but it hasn't completely gone and i also told her that I don't think the lump has changed in size or feel. She is referring me to the breast clinic as "urgent" and said I should have an appointment in 2/3 weeks. I am really scared! I was hoping my GP appointment wouldn't lead to a breast clinic referral, I was hoping she would say it is harmless. Is the "urgent" referral standard procedure? Does anyone else have any stories of sore/tender lumps? It only really hurts when it's touched, it doesn't give any issues for most of the time. There is no change in the breast, no discharge. I am trying to stay positive but I really freaking out and cried on the way back from the GP. I have only told a friend, I haven't told my family yet because they will worry and I don't know if there is something to worry about at this point. 😞 I am 33 years old.