366588posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral to breast clinic age 24

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Referral to breast clinic age 24

Hi! I am 31 and just had a US earlier. They said it must be fat (lipoma) because it wasn't seen. If it matches the tissue around it in a US, it isn't bad.

I get how you are feeling.

@Scaredyoungadult wrote:

Hi all I just wanted to update this. So i had my appointment today at the breast clinic. The doctor felt my lump and said its under 1cm oval and seems to move. Said it feels too soft for a fibroadenoma and feels like a lipoma but will have an ultrasound to check and if anything suspicious they'll biopsy. 

So i had the ultrasound and they couldn't see any thing at all!!! They just said yep all normal can't see anything. Hand this in at reception you're discharged. I'm absolutely over the moon however the fact the lady couldn't see anything at all on the ultrasound has worried me... she was thorough but how can I and the doctor feel the lump but then the ultrasound show nothing?

Anyway. The anxiety has been immense and I wouldn't wish the worry on anybody. Thank you all so much for letting me post here and I wish you all the very best xx

Hi all I just wanted to update this. So i had my appointment today at the breast clinic. The doctor felt my lump and said its under 1cm oval and seems to move. Said it feels too soft for a fibroadenoma and feels like a lipoma but will have an ultrasound to check and if anything suspicious they'll biopsy. 

So i had the ultrasound and they couldn't see any thing at all!!! They just said yep all normal can't see anything. Hand this in at reception you're discharged. I'm absolutely over the moon however the fact the lady couldn't see anything at all on the ultrasound has worried me... she was thorough but how can I and the doctor feel the lump but then the ultrasound show nothing?

Anyway. The anxiety has been immense and I wouldn't wish the worry on anybody. Thank you all so much for letting me post here and I wish you all the very best xx

Sorry... try n finish my reply....dog jumped on my lap..

Lump turned out to be a benign cyst 👍

also had a blocked sweat gland in my armpit which was causing me discomfort.

try not to worry.... easy said than done i know.

good luck n stay in touch.  Xx  mini mad xx 💖💖

Hi there,

just tead your post...

like the previous reply said , there are other things that can give you these lumps n bumps.

i found a lump in my breast,  went to gp, referred me to breast clTurned out to be a 

Community Champion

There are a number of other conditions that can cause breast lumps and discomfort apart from cancer . In my experience GPs usually have a good idea whether a lump is suspicious or not but obviously without the benefit of an ultrasound or mammogram they cannot be 100% sure and often refer on to be on the safe side .Hopefully your appointment will put your mind at rest .

Referral to breast clinic age 24

Hi all. I'm waiting for an app at the breast clinic on Oct 10th.

I'm 24 and about 3 weeks ago my boob felt achey so I had a feel around (i never do) and found a pea sized lump. Felt stuck to a muscle but I dont know. I went to my GP who said its not cancer but refferred me to the breast clinic and didn't say much else. Its ghe 2 week wait clinic.

Anyway. Since then my armpit has been quite achey and down my arm. It feels more swollen than the left armpit and just tender but when i press I cant feel anything but it feels like something is under my armpit. As i'm typing I have a dull ache however the pain isnt in my breast just my armpit

Could this be something normal? I cant think what else would cause a breast lump (however small) and an achey armpit/arm other than breast cancer. I have no idea how long ive hadthe breast lump as at 24 I admit i dont check them 

Can anybody help?

Thank you