Referral

I had breast cancer, early 2009. Lumpectomy, chemo, radiation. Lymph clear. I have now found another lump in my other breast. Doctor has referred me to New cross hospital, Wolverhampton.Apparently the waiting time for appointment is over 3 weeks, the hospital advised me yesterday. My hospital was Stafford and Stoke. My surgeon and Oncologist now retired.

I’m looking for advice, firstly on whether it is possible to pay for a private consultation, may be quicker?

How do I find out the difference between the consultants?

Anyone have any experience of Breast care at Newcross?

I’m panicking thanks in advance. Xx

Dear @JulQue , welcome to the Breast Cancer Now Forum - I hope you find our boards helpful.

The questions you ask below may be something our team of breast care nurses can help with. You can get in touch on freephone 0808 800 6000 (Mon-Fri 9am-4pm; Sat 9am-1pm). Note that the helpline is closed on Monday 31 May as it is a bank holiday.

Our team is friendly, entirely non-judgmental, and take things at your own pace - so please do not think twice about picking up the phone.

Sending our love

Bernard

@JulQue  - I wanted to echo Bernard’s lovely welcome to this forum and hope you can find some answers to your questions. I would also agree with his advice to call the nurses on here.

Alternatively, a very similar question was asked in another thread the other day and I am going to try and paste it in case it helps you. Some very wise words from @Jaybro  - I hope the link works but let me know if not - forum.breastcancernow.org/t5/Appointments-and-waiting-for/10-weeks-wait-for-breast-clinic-appointment/m-p/1366152#M20243

We are all here to chat, listen and hold your hand while you wait to see someone and get results, but I really hope you get the reassurance you are looking for. I am sorry you have found another lump but it really could be benign this time. Sending you hugs and strength, Evie xx