Referred to breast clinic, aniexty through the roof

So I am 22 years old, 23 next month, and I’ve had a lump in my right boob for 6 months. Near the armpit but in the breast tissue, it is about the size of a golf ball I’d say. 

I stopped breastfeeding on the right around that time so figured it was milk build up. 

Then I stopped breastfeeding on my left 3 months later (so 3 1/2 ish months ago now) and there isn’t a lump on that breast. I feel so stupid, I just thought because of my age and the fact I was breast feeding it couldn’t be anything bad. I figured while I was getting a review for my medication I’d get my lump check out and the doctor was shocked I left it so long. my doctor has referred me to breast cancer clinic and my appointment is on Tuesday. I feel so stupid (reiterating because I really do blame myself). 

Hi Amelia,

As you’ve been breastfeeding, it‘s ok you weren’t concerned about it & you’re likely to be right anyway, so don’t beat yourself up about it. BC would be very rare in someone of your age.  

The GP was quite right to get you properly checked out, as only the breast clinic can sort it out. 

If you want to, let us know how you get on, it would be highly unlikely to be anything serious. 

ann x