Scared of referal appointmrnt

In jan of this year my dad died from gbm4 ( brain tumour) my mum has skincancer and currently recieves chemo every 2weeks (ongoing).

Just a little over a month ago i found a lump under my right breast it was around the time of my period so i left it be 2 weeks later it became uncomfortable on my bra and my husband noticed i was tender there i finally told him what i had found he insisted i rang my gp surgery. Fast forward a week an i managed to get an appointment with a nurse she checked and put in a referal for breast assessment clinic. I have my appointment wednesday but its not for the assessment center its for breast surgery clinic in the micmillan cancer unit at the same hospital and i appear to have 2 appointments and hour apart. I know i shouldnt but my mind is making up so many possibilties it unreal. My husband thinks i should take my mum to the appointment as she knows family history i dont think is appropriate as shes currently in hospital today for an opperation to put in a permenant port for chemo and bloods. Does anyone know why i have the two appointments please and am i right t be concerned its at the camcer clinic.? Help xx

Where I live it is the same clinic you are referred to whatever the referral is made for, it is only the speed at which you are seen that is any different .Have you 2 letters saying excactly the same thing ? You could ring the clinic to clarify this ? One could be for imaging and one to see the doctor maybe ? I think it’s unlikely that they would make a judgement about whether you have cancer based on your referral - only imaging and possibly a biopsy can give them that information .Its always a good idea to take someone to these appointments for support but you would be able to pass on any relevant family history yourself .Most people with breast cancer do not have a family history of cancer .Good luck with your appointment .Jill x