2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Should I ask for further testing?

Thank you.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: Should I ask for further testing?

Hi Jmarie,

I wouldn't really know what to say from the report, it maybe an idea to ask the breast clinic or GP to explain it?

It also might be an idea to post in 'ask our nurses' as well.

ann x

Highlighted

Should I ask for further testing?

EXAM: DIGITAL DIAGNOSTIC LEFT CALLBACK MAMMOGRAM WITH TOMOSYNTHESIS AND BREAST ULTRASOUND

HISTORY: Follow-up tiny nodule in the posterior left mid outer breast at 3 o'clock.

TECHNIQUE: Digital mammographic images are reviewed. Low-dose full-field Digital Breast Tomosynthesis examination was performed with 2D and 3D acquisitions. Targeted left breast ultrasound was performed with special attention paid to the area(s) of concern. 

COMPARISON: 9/4/2018

FINDINGS: 
Mammogram:
Tissue Density: The breasts are heterogeneously dense, which may obscure small masses.

The tiny, benign-appearing nodule in the posterior left outer breast is stable. It is smooth bordered and benign-appearing. There are 2 such nodules noted on 3-D imaging in the left lower axillary tail each measuring less than 0.5 cm. Only one is visualized and a exaggerated craniocaudal view of the left outer breast. On 3-D imaging, this small, 0.3 cm nodular density is benign appearing.

Ultrasound: Ultrasound of the left outer breast extending into the left axillary tail to include the upper outer breast reveals a simple cyst at 3 o'clock 6 cm from the nipple measuring 0.6 x 0.2 x 0.5 cm. This may correspond to one of the nodules. They may both be small intramammary nodes, and are difficult to visualize.

Therefore six-month follow-up left breast mammogram and sonogram is recommended.

IMPRESSION: 

There are 2, smooth bordered small nodular densities in the left x-ray tail with one simple cyst noted on sonography. As precaution, 6 month follow-up left breast mammogram and left breast sonogram of the upper outer breast extending into the axilla is recommended to ensure stability. 

ASSESSMENT: BI-RADS Category 3: Probably benign.

FOLLOW-UP: Follow-up imaging evaluation in 6 months.